Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Illusiat XI Eyecandy

Started by aetios, November 13, 2014, 04:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Let's finish this first. Besides we have some other project ideas so yeah. :P Tons of inspiration but the motivation never comes lol.

Snektron

Sadly i don't have both atm :( Motivation is often there though, i just never
have have any inspiration :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Ikr. Back in the days I was actually productive I didn't really have any inspiration to make big stuff. I think the largest project I've ever completed was an Uno game (which I don't have anymore but it sucked code wise so yeah :P).

Snektron

My largest project is probably the game i had to make for school (quantuminfinity.net)
Which reminds me, i should probably make a topic to show it off ^^

Dream of Omnimaga

I agree about a topic :P

Also in my case I was mostly motivated around 2002-2005. Nowadays it's sporadic, but most likely because I am busier with life. At school when I had nothing to do and was done with my school work I could program on my calc. :P

That reminds me, when the 84+CE comes out I might port some Illusiat games to it. I think maps will be stored into strings, now that there is 150 KB of RAM instead of 24, plus the fact that CE pics are much larger in size than their monochrome counterpart. It would play like the original, but every chapter would be combined together.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yeah my most active years were middle and high school when I programmed in class instead of taking notes and doing the assignments. :P That said calculators might not be much of a motivation for me anymore (see for example that week I spent hacking the GameCube, I was extremely motivated, though kinda pushed by boredom because no internet :P).

Dream of Omnimaga

It sucks that you have stopped most calc stuff but I can understand that around 18-20 people usually lose interest and move on to other stuff for the most part. My biggest calc programming years in terms of motivatio were until feb 2005 when I was 18 and am half years old. I still occasionally coded afterward but my releases were usually spread a year apart. (See my TI-Story page http://tistory.wikidot.com/kevin-ouellet )
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

A tip concerning motiation : stay away from Skyrim. I lost more than 11 hours from playing it since this week.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Nub. I've lost much more (SKAYRUM FTW).

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Don't forget that I had like 80 hours on a PS3 character...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on January 23, 2015, 06:41:25 PM
A tip concerning motiation : stay away from Skyrim. I lost more than 11 hours from playing it since this week.
Don't do like what people did during the World of Warcraft era O.O

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I don't play this much on a day. And the advantage that Skyrim has over a MMO is that I don(t have to bear the stupid poeple.

Snektron

Also to me it seems like MMO's are generally just worse than other types of games.
Don't know why, but seems like they have just a lot more potential. But then again, i also
dont really play MMO's.

Dream of Omnimaga

The main issue is having to spend 4 hours just to increase your character by one level. In Final Fantasy IV for the SNES (II in USA) it took less than 15 minutes.

novenary

You mean like that week when I beat twilight princess in 4 days after 60 hours of saved gameplay ? :P