Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Tourn [Hybrid BASIC]

Started by 123outerme, August 03, 2015, 12:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

Tourn pronounced "torn" is a fighting game made in hybrid TI-Basic for the TI-84+CSE ONLY.

When you're bored in class, fighting is your best entertainer. But, instead of fighting your classmates, how about fighting this CPU who has no feelings! Beat up a CPU on 3 different levels: 1, or boring, 2, or okay, 3, or EXTREME!! Use the left and right arrow keys to move, DEL to block, 2nd to perform a melee attack, and ALPHA to perform a laser beam attack!
Blocking negates knockback, reduces hitstun, and removes some damage so you can counterattack! Don't stay blocking for too long, or your arms will get tired and the enemy will be able to attack for free!

Fight on different planets, up the difficulty, but be ready to take the heat! Beat up your closest friends in spirit with this amazing game coming to you soon!

[spoiler=Images]
v0.4:

v0.3:

v0.2:

v0.1:

Your body being a "V" instead of a "Y" means that you're experiencing lag. If you're not familiar with fighting game terms, basically it's recovery from either getting hit by or using a move. It can also be called recovery as well.
[/spoiler]
v1.0 uploaded.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks kinda cool. It reminds me of one of your previous games I think but I'm unsure. This one has more colors and better battle ground though. One suggestion I have, however, would be to change the energy bar colors to yellow (or red for empty parts) and not redraw them entirely when being hit. Basically, only replace the color of the bar parts you need to.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, I wonder if having a strip with a different color at the top of the screen would be a nice idea? You could have up to three colors for the top (eg one for where the energy shows up, one below then another one above the floor). It would make certain places such as the Walmart parking lot that I suggested as battle arena more realistic. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

I have told you this today a couple hours ago on irc, but i will say it again. Hell, you make great quality games! (For ti-basic) Keep up the work! :thumbsup:  :D

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi c4ooo and welcome to CodeWalrus. You should introduce yourself in https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=32.0 :walrii:

I agree, though. While the early stuff was more simple it still always looked interesting to play and originality is always present :)

Unicorn

Yup, I can't agree more, with these libs, Outerme's games are awesome!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2015, 03:57:20 AM
By the way, I wonder if having a strip with a different color at the top of the screen would be a nice idea? You could have up to three colors for the top (eg one for where the energy shows up, one below then another one above the floor). It would make certain places such as the Walmart parking lot that I suggested as battle arena more realistic. :P
It could work, I think. Not only as a, but also to seperate the HUD from the battle arena. If I do add this, I think I will only have 1 extra bar than is needed to display over the HP.

Quote from: c4ooo on August 10, 2015, 04:02:32 AM
I have told you this today a couple hours ago on irc, but i will say it again. Hell, you make great quality games! (For ti-basic) Keep up the work! :thumbsup:  :D
Quote from: Unicorn on August 10, 2015, 04:59:20 AM
Yup, I can't agree more, with these libs, Outerme's games are awesome!
Thanks, both of you!

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2015, 04:07:45 AM
I agree, though. While the early stuff was more simple it still always looked interesting to play and originality is always present :)
Thank you! Yeah, the early stuff I did wasn't too fantastic. Over time, the quality has gotten a lot better, as I've learned how to program and how to make an actual game better. I actually look at the very first game I did (TXTRPG) and simultaneously wonder how I ever got here and why I released it in the first place XD

Unicorn

Iremember TXTRPG! I actually had some fun playing that when I first got my calc :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

TXTRPG is notorious for being the first CSE "RPG" I think :P. It's also one of the only 5 ones (TXTRPG, Solius, DragonSlid, First Fantasy and Age of Darkness). I hope the CE will have more RPGs

princetonlion.tibd

* princetonlion.tibd applauds outerme's productivity

I don't have time to code much anymore  :(
I'm still thinking along the lines of "sometime I should..."

And when I saw the name of this program, my first reaction was "It's a variant of the word brother in Quenya" :P

(Which is toron)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 11, 2015, 07:33:51 AM
TXTRPG is notorious for being the first CSE "RPG" I think :P. It's also one of the only 5 ones (TXTRPG, Solius, DragonSlid, First Fantasy and Age of Darkness). I hope the CE will have more RPGs
It was less of an RPG and more of a tech demo lol
Quote from: princetonlion.tibd on August 11, 2015, 08:54:52 AM
* princetonlion.tibd applauds outerme's productivity

I don't have time to code much anymore  :(
I'm still thinking along the lines of "sometime I should..."

And when I saw the name of this program, my first reaction was "It's a variant of the word brother in Quenya" :P

(Which is toron)
I didn't actually know that. I just named Tourn like "Tourn-ey" and also "the world was being Tourn apart". Little puns that keep my titles as terrible as I am lol

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, have you considered putting this on ticalc.org?

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 16, 2015, 03:31:23 AM
By the way, have you considered putting this on ticalc.org?
I will. I abandoned this project a while ago to learn how to use sprites and tilemaps, but all I have to do is figure out if it's not too embarrassing to release now. If it is I might not release it on TIcalc, but I'll leave it up on CodeWalrus. If it's okay, I'll release it on TIcalc.

Dream of Omnimaga

You could put the final version in the first post and I'll clone this topic in the file archives section. From what I saw so far, it seemed fun, but it's your choice I guess.

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 23, 2015, 05:26:31 AM
You could put the final version in the first post and I'll clone this topic in the file archives section. From what I saw so far, it seemed fun, but it's your choice I guess.
I've put the final version up, so go ahead and clone the topic. I also added it to ticalc.org so you can find it there as well.