Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

S.I.F.S. Super Intelligent Friend System [HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, May 17, 2015, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

As you go farther out from the middle the text will fade into the background color also :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Sounds cool! I think the Prime is my next calc, unless there is a new really cool one.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Awesome! It is always good to have more people in the Prime community, it is really sparse here on CW :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually if we only count people who program games for that calculator, then I think CW has the highest amount of them. :P But if we also include people who don't care about games, then HP Museum has by far the highest amount of Prime users (most of which prefer the HP 48g series) and Cemetech comes very far in second place.

As for the UI, what would be cool is if you managed to make it all using shapes, polygons and lines with gradients, so the user could customize the colors easier.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yay for CW :w00t: :walrii:. Though i though the prime community was bigger...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 20, 2015, 01:41:41 PM
Anyone can program the prime with the free emulator it is just tons faster than the actual calc that is why I code on-calc.

For the program/notes editor S.I.F.S. will feature a QWERTY on-screen keyboard to simulate typing better :)

Still working on Apps :). S.I.F.S. will be an App because you can shut off your calc and turn it on and it won't exit the App, with this we can make it more shell like :)

alexgt

I am working on the scrolling menus as of now, If anyone can make a 38x38 icon.png pic that would be amazing (I am quite horrible at pixel art :P)

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, TI dominates the school market so that's kinda inevitable and HP didn't release new calcs for years prior the Prime.
Quote from: alexgt on May 22, 2015, 02:32:45 AM
I am working on the scrolling menus as of now, If anyone can make a 38x38 icon.png pic that would be amazing (I am quite horrible at pixel art :P)
I would probably need to know how the S.I.F.S UI looks like before making an icon. The icon could be based off JarvAxe if there is a screenshot of the UI then scaled down after I added colors based on S.I.F.S UI I guess.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I am going for a dark blue theme but if you can't see it that well in the sun I might add background support :).

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 22, 2015, 02:42:30 AM
Well, TI dominates the school market so that's kinda inevitable and HP didn't release new calcs for years prior the Prime.
At the start of the school year I was really starting to be an expert in Ti-Basic and everyone was like O.O. Now I have a touch screen calc and they are all like  :crazy: [spoiler]WTF[/spoiler]

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe you could add an inverted mode? Since you can use multiple GROBs then you could have the icons and images separate then invert the GUI/text GROB, then paste the images on it afterward.

As for school friends, be careful to always keep your calc safe, though, so it won't get stolen or broken by accident. I mean if they see Minecraft, HP Prime Tunnel or some 3D program running on it then some people could go insane or something (unless TI-Nspire CX calcs are common there, but it's still better to be careful).

For the icon I guess I could just go with a miniature of a Windows explorer or command prompt window. I cannot promise anything, though.

alexgt

I think it would be a good Idea to incorporate my avatar into a icon and put that on my App icons with something else signifying the prog.

alexgt

NVM I have an Icon for S.I.F.S. (it is in my sig) :) thanks for the Ideas.

Also the theme will be black and green with pixelated text.

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

alexgt

Thanks:). I am still planning the layout but that will be the base colors. I am using the z80 font with custom font support :) so that will be customization :).

Note: I won't be active tomorrow because of a large religious event but I will be typing away at code :P