Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Can't View Chat Thing on Mobile

Started by SiphonicSugar, January 07, 2016, 03:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiphonicSugar

So, because my laptop recently broke, I've been trying to get on Codewalrus on my phone. Sadly, one of my favorite features, the chat thing (or whatever it's called) will not work. The box where you enter text disappears like 2 seconds after you load the page. I'm currently running iOS 9.2 so...PLEASE HELP!
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, iOS browser engine is just absolute garbage. Juju didn't have time to modify WalrusIRC to work specifically for browsers on iPhones and iPads. c4ooo had the same issue, so the only suggestion we have at the time is to switch to Android.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

:( Well when do you think you guys will make it work for iOS?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Perhaps @Juju might know the issue. I heard that it works fine on theme=1 so it's most likely a CSS issue.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 07, 2016, 03:57:34 AM
the only suggestion we have at the time is to switch to Android.
Quote from: Juju on January 07, 2016, 03:37:34 AM
Full screen usually work on iOS.

http://walrusirc.codewalr.us/
>_>

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 07, 2016, 04:48:57 AM
Perhaps @Juju might know the issue. I heard that it works fine on theme=1 so it's most likely a CSS issue.
No, but it might be related to the iframe since it works fine on theme=1 and full screen.

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on January 07, 2016, 04:15:33 AM
:( Well when do you think you guys will make it work for iOS?
Might look at it once I get my iOS Simulator working. For OS X users who want to help, there's a trick to easily debug a webpage on iOS using Safari and the iOS Simulator that comes with Xcode, if you don't own any iDevice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I know about Full screen, but it's not convenient when we want to have the shoutbox available on every page. <_<

As for the frame, maybe the text area shows under the rest or is hidden below the chat, outside the frame but hidden?

Scipi

I usually use an IRC client on my phone to use the chat. You could do that as a workaround.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

c4ooo

@Juju i have iOS so i could help debug maybe. If you need me to like spend half an hour or so debugging i would be gla to help :)