Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

What is Earth Science Regents? Is that summer school or some special organization/activity? Also biking is fun, I should really ride mine more often. I know @Streetwalrus likes to bike a lot (and lose the game everytime he does). :P

Also I thought that Mr Bob's Bad Day was dead since you no longer had a calculator? It would definitively nice to see it finished, but you would need not to get caught using a calculator emulator.

You could always port it to Scratch or do other more advanced scratch games(practice first with small stuff).

Also don't abuse chocolate too much. Too much sugar seems to lead to a sugar rush then you become irritated easily, especially if you have hypoglycemia. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

For me:
- Get in shape for cross country
- Work on MinePrime when I can
- Go to camp (and no I cannot post while I am there >.<)
- Take drivers training
- Play more airsoft
- Make a HUD to mount on my airsoft helmet (maybe)
- Break 20min in a 5k
- Program working vision for FRC
- Learn tons about OpenCV
- And that is about it
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

I hope that your parents won't take you to random places all Summer long like last year <_<. Kinda suck when you expect to have free time and make some plans, only to see your plans destroyed every 3 week >.<

Also what is a 5K? And do you plan to learn new programming languages during Summer?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you think there will be an xLIB CE release this Summer @tr1p1ea? :) I am definitively curious about how fast it will get with chained rectangle support and how fast Opossum Massage Simulator and HP Prime Tunnel will run. :) I also would like to port Desert Bus II to it (although the title screen might be a problem since xLIBCE lacks scaled sprites and scaled text support).

A calc game would be cool too, though. Maybe that small Zelda xLIBC demo could be developed into some RPG?

Dream of Omnimaga

So I decided to look back through this thread and see which of my plans, project-wise, came to fruition and how many didn't. :P

Red stuff is stuff I never came close to do (it doesn't mean those ideas are dead, but some might be due to getting new ideas)
Black stuff is stuff that progressed but is nowhere complete or has turned into something else
Blue stuff is stuff that got accomplished

-Resume Super Walrii Land (never happened)
-Possible small 84+ RPG (never happened)
-Math-oriented RPG idea (never happened)
-Resume work on Supersonic Ball Prime (never happened)

-Happy hardcorr music album (only 2 more songs got done. I did a HT2 track, though)
-Revive ROL0 remake (never happened)
-First Fantasy II (only a walking engine done and has moved from CSE to CE Textlib to Sprites CE)
-Walrii catching game on HP Prime (never happened)
-Learning PICO-8 (never happened)

-Hong Kong 97 HP Prime port or NY 17 parody based on AVGN (finally made Opossum Massage Simulator CSE instead)
-Mana Force Color Remake (success!)
-Release a CE Textlib game that abuses the hell out of it (success! Although the game was remade with a different lib later)
-Experiment with Sprites 3.2 (success! Made 3 games so far)

It's possible that future releases are not on that list depending of what ideas I get. :P What surprises me is that I actually managed to complete at least one thing on those plan/projects list since 2015 O.O