Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Konami expects you not to ask for support on their games

Started by gameblabla, March 12, 2017, 02:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Lately, i was hooked to Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links.
It started off pretty cool but unfortunately, i have to play the game on my FORD Fire tablet, which is infamous
for discharging really fast and charging very slow.

Anyway, i installed Android on my Raspberry Pi 3 and the game works pretty smoothly, surprisingly.
However... it did not take long before i noticed that the game could not be played with a mouse !
Even using a keymapper with this game does not work, it seems like they developed some kind of input detection
that rejects clicks like from a mouse for example. Was this intentional ?

I wanted to report the issue to Konami and found this email under the game's page :
[email protected]

I sent them an email describing the issue and how to reproduce it.
Shortly after sending the email, i got a letter from Konami which was in Japanese but translated in English.
The English version said this :
QuoteDear KONAMI customer

Thank you for contacting customer services.

Please be made aware that we are a customer services
department that deals exclusively with the concerns of
customers within the Japanese market.
Unfortunately due to our language restrictions, we will be
unable to answer any inquiries in any language apart from
Japanese.

So unless you speak japanese, you cannot ask for support.
I was told that Konami had terrible support and it seems that this backs up their claims.
And that email is listed on the game's english page !

You cannot even report it to Google, because it is not a violation of service to provide a useless or non-working email address.

f***
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Snektron

I thought konami was doomed since they stopped making that silent hill game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

gameblabla

Quote from: Snektron on March 12, 2017, 03:17:30 AM
I thought konami was doomed since they stopped making that silent hill game.
ikr ? Me too !
But it turns out they just refocused on making more mobile games instead (not just pachinko machines lol).
Worst of all, they said that their mobiles games were very profitable (thanks to Duel Links in particular).
They are still selling Yu-Gi-Oh cards too.

But they shot themselves in the foot when they fired Kojima and cancelled P.T....

p2

they're forced to give a valid contact email on their website, but they're not legally forced to actually ANSWER the mails <_<

also I thought supporting english was pretty much a MUST-HAVE for all companies on this stupid planet :ninja:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Konami is yet another example of a good company that falls apart or might fall apart after questionable changes are made. And now it's Konami's turn to be greeted with a Mighty no 9 style competitor, this time vs Castlevania.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

I don't follow such thingys in general, but wasn't konami already dying...?
I mean first i was that huge hype around pokemon.
Then they became uncool and people started collecting YuGiOh cards, which hyped Konami.
But isn't that hype long over...?
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

I can't really tell when Konami really started going down the drain. In the N64 and Yu-Gi-Oh era they were not bad and did many awesome games. It's during the 7th generation of consoles when they stopped listening to fans and cared only about money that things went problematic, kinda like with Capcom and THQ. They did similar mistakes to Capcom, such as canceling amazing games that everyone wanted for no reason and forcing their prominent developers to split into different companies to force the return of popular franchise styles into the game market (Mighty no 9 and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night in this case). Doesn't that remind you of a certain calculator website with full of sea mammals? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

huh, does that mean omni will publish a sea mammal card game?  O.O

I can tell that in Germany Konami went from unknown idiots to most famous brand among pupils within under 3 years.but it was only 4 or 5 years later that they went down again and the hype was finally over ^^

Edit: But I dont really know about any of the stuff they did besides card games xD

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah I am refering to how we had to split from Omni in order to pursue our goals :P (the difference, however, is that I was not staff anymore since a long while already), unlike Koji Igarashi with Konami and Keiji Inafune with Capcom.

I mostly remember Konami for Mystical Ninja for the SNES and Nintendo 64, Castlevania and many other classics.

p2

for me konami will always be Yu-Gi-Oh cards xD
(Or KONAINI on the fake ones, they didnt want to get legal problems) xD

About Capcom: There's a InMemoryOfHarambe version of the game, which is really awesome O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

There are Yu-Gi-Oh knockoffs? O.O

As for the Harambe game thing, which game is it?

p2

Harambe VS Capcom
great game btw, I was really impressed ^^
http://www.harambegame.com/

Aaand it'S faked YuGiOh cards...
some idiots produce awful amounts of them (looking pretty authentic but if U know the originals good enough it's still easy to spot the differences) and change them for real cards with kids on the street. And then they sell the original cards on the internet and make a lot of money with it :P
It's ot even illegal nor a copyright problem as they changed the (C)KONAMI thingy to (C)KONAINI <_<

gameblabla

Ok, so some news guys !
Lately, there was some issues with Bakura. Using him in PvP makes both players crash their games.
This time, i contacted Konami by using the "Contact Us" option in the game.
Surprisngly they answered me !
Konami apologized for the issue and they will let me know when it is fixed.

They also answered my previous email with the mouse issue.
Unfortunately, they told me that they expected users to own a multi-touch screen. :/
I wonder if this can be worked around at a software level, with a mouse-multitouch emulator.
Thoughts @Streetwalrus ?

novenary

I wonder if one of those apps that map game controller buttons to taps on a specific spot would work. I guess if they do, you could write your own application that does the same.

gameblabla

Quote from: Streetwalrus on April 06, 2017, 08:05:17 PM
I wonder if one of those apps that map game controller buttons to taps on a specific spot would work. I guess if they do, you could write your own application that does the same.
I thought of that and tried and strangely, its still working like the Mouse on Android. No sparkles (touching the screen produces the sparkle effect)
Somehow, the game makes a difference between touching and a mouse/gamepad emulator...
I don't know how they did that but it makes the game unplayable.