Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

So i guess because ti smartview is a simulator it doesnt need the bootcode or what?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Last I've heard of it smartview wasn't an emulator, but that was the 84+ version so yeah.

Adriweb

Errr what are you all saying.
SmartView CE is an emulator, not a simulator (yes it has a full rom inside, how would it run otherwise?). (Also obviously you can't share it or whatever - see its terms of use / license)
Its core is written in JavaScript, actually, which is why it runs crappily under the Java host (smartview program itself), and runs too fast in recent browsers.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Snektron

Then wouldn't you theoretically be able to rip the rom from smartview
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

novenary

Quote from: Adriweb on February 11, 2016, 01:06:57 PM
SmartView CE is an emulator, not a simulator (yes it has a full rom inside, how would it run otherwise?). (Also obviously you can't share it or whatever - see its terms of use / license)
Its core is written in JavaScript, actually, which is why it runs crappily under the Java host (smartview program itself), and runs too fast in recent browsers.
I was talking about the 84+ version, not the CSE (does it exist ?) or the CE version.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Adriweb on February 11, 2016, 01:06:57 PM
Didn't Smartview use to be a simulator way back in the days, though?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

JosJuice

Quote from: pimathbrainiac on February 11, 2016, 10:38:27 AM
since TI has changed the EULA on their OSs to explicitly disallow the use of the OS files for use in an emulator other than smartview (as JosJuice has pointed out), I think it is safe to say that BootFree is no longer even legal :P
No, BootFree itself still legal. That you can't use it with TI-OS doesn't mean that you can't use it with other OSes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

pimathbrainiac

Quote from: JosJuice on February 12, 2016, 02:24:53 PM
Quote from: pimathbrainiac on February 11, 2016, 10:38:27 AM
since TI has changed the EULA on their OSs to explicitly disallow the use of the OS files for use in an emulator other than smartview (as JosJuice has pointed out), I think it is safe to say that BootFree is no longer even legal :P
No, BootFree itself still legal. That you can't use it with TI-OS doesn't mean that you can't use it with other OSes.
Well then using BootFree on TI-OS (which is what most people use it for) is illegal :P
Well, I'm bach here too!

Adriweb

Not if you own a physical calc from which you can dump the ROM yourself, then you can do whatever you want (as long as you don't share it, as usual).
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

pimathbrainiac

Quote from: Adriweb on February 12, 2016, 04:36:26 PM
Not if you own a physical calc from which you can dump the ROM yourself, then you can do whatever you want (as long as you don't share it, as usual).
Yes, but then you aren't using BootFree :P
Well, I'm bach here too!

Adriweb

But nothing is preventing you to do so :P

Dudeman313

Where can I get BootFree, and how do I use it?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

BootFree is only available through WabbitEmu AFAIK, which lacks CE emulation.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Bug report:

When I uncheck the "Throttle" option, CEmu crashes instantly. (It says CEmu has encountered a problem and must close)

Adriweb

WabbitEmu has gotten rid of BootFree in some recent versions, IIRC.

Regarding the Throttle issue, make sure you have a recent versions.