Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MateoConLechuga

Release is finally here! Enjoy! :D

Oiram Download: Download
Oiram Level Editor: Download

xMarminq_

What's the bar?
Could you add how oiram's run cycle is slower then gets to top speed?
Congrats on 20 downloads in 2 hours!
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I'm so amazed at the work that was put into this. The only issue is how Avast hates (or eats) the level editor because it thinks it's a virus when it's not. So for now I have to disable my antivirus in order to make levels :P

ANyway I think I'm gonna have fun for a bit, especially that I just got back into Super Mario Maker lately *pokes @JWinslow23 *.  Hopefully the KNIght of Cease aNd DesisT LEtters aND DMCA TakedOwN NoTices won't notice so that we can continue playing Oiram with those nice Mario graphics (although I would settle for :walrii: or something else if necessary)

Congrats MateoC and thank you a lot for the hard work :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

So download it asap!
Save anything else you have on your CE!

Known Bugs:
-Standing on red shell on the second level where you get a mushroom or fireflower (first platform) on the support wooden sprite makes you lose health
-Getting the first leaf powerup on the first level (?) on ground
-Black Screen (Lit screen, no response, have to reset)
-Random RAM clear
-Get Leaf Power and get max speed. Hold run, up and right to fly to the end

That's all I know right now

Dream of Omnimaga

A few other bugs:
-If you press left and right at the same time, Mario acts funny (although not as much as in Mario All Stars for the SNES)
-Wall jumping seems to happen (at least on pipes. I haven't tried with anything else). Unless it's actually a feature?
-Sometimes, when you try to exit the game menu, it enters the selected stage instead.
-Collision detection with lava and spikes seems extremely sensitive (if you stand on a block right next to them and are just 1 single pixel on the lava or spike, you get hit)

I didn't get any random RAM Clear so far tho.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

xMarminq_

Do downward faced pipes work?
Checkpoints ASAP pls

xMarminq_

EDITOR HELP!

I saved a level to my computer, but then I made changes and won't change.
(sorry for double post)

Nvm i dumb  :-[ :-X

MateoConLechuga

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to fix the above bugs asap :)

kotu

do not fix the bug repeat do not fix the bug
some of the people on this site like foxes
thx
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: xMarminq_ on January 06, 2017, 12:18:24 AM
So download it asap!
Save anything else you have on your CE!

Known Bugs:
-Standing on red shell on the second level where you get a mushroom or fireflower (first platform) on the support wooden sprite makes you lose health
-Getting the first leaf powerup on the first level (?) on ground
-Black Screen (Lit screen, no response, have to reset)
-Random RAM clear
-Get Leaf Power and get max speed. Hold run, up and right to fly to the end

That's all I know right now
Random ram clear fixed; caused by tile handler jump to invalid code
Black screen fix; caused by doubling the malloc amount without a free on accident
First one cannot reproduce.... But that's probably not a bug. Shells even when stationary make you lose health.
Last one: It's up to you to decide; is indefinite flying a bug or a feature? I don't know what is preferred :p

DJ: Also fixed lava and spike handling so it must be fully over. Pressing left and right together behaves as intended :p Wall jump isn't a feature: but if it happens it is :p Links have been updated as well :)

kotu

" Wall jump isn't a feature: but if it happens it is "

well dealt with mateo
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

critor

Let's play a game : spot the difference between Oriam CE and Super Mario Bros 3 ! :D

Level 1 and World 1 Level 1 :

Level 7 and World 2 Level 3 :

Level 8 and World 5 Level 3 :

End of Level 9  and end of World 7 Level 2 :

Level 12 and end of World 8 Castle :

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: MateoConLechuga on January 06, 2017, 06:14:00 AM

Last one: It's up to you to decide; is indefinite flying a bug or a feature? I don't know what is preferred :p

It might make certain levels too easy if flying is infinite like the P-Wing in SMB3, if that's what you guys mean :P

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 06, 2017, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: MateoConLechuga on January 06, 2017, 06:14:00 AM

It might make certain levels too easy if flying is infinite like the P-Wing in SMB3, if that's what you guys mean :P
Okay, flying is no longer infinite :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually what Mario Maker does is making the first row of block infinite so you can't go over walls, but that removes the possibility to have secret passages like SMB2 and 3 had