Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Jarvis Artificial Intelligence

Started by alexgt, March 17, 2015, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

This is a AI system made in Ti-Basic http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/463/46329.html. I am working on an Axe version of this but it is not along enough to post. Anyways here is what the Axe version should do (except it will run faster and have gazillions of features (hopefully)). Also how do you show screenshots / gifs because I don't know how THX  ;).
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

Sounds like a cool project. To get gifs and such you need to pick your favorite image uploder and upload your image. I use imgur.com. Then put your direct image URL into [img][/img].
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

Thanks for the tip here is the gif (I forgot to mention the password is 1234567890.(-)+)

EDIT: Wouldn't an instant response to the longer interactions be awesome with Axe

CKH4

Is it exact or does it recognize words? Also word wrapping would be cool instead of the current letter wrapping.

alexgt

It recognizes words and individual commands by putting the getkey val into a list and then reading the list (looking for spaces that separate words) them displays text from that val. In the Readme there are all the different combos and what words are needed for the response. ( there are some buggy responses because of conflicting values but those will be fixed when I get around to it in axe). As for the word wrap (it only goes two lines) it will hopefully be made in Axe but it would be too slow in Basic :).

EDIT: For Axe all I have is beeing able to type in letters and a space (I started it at school and did the typing on the bus)

LD Studios

This reminds me of An old project of mine.
I would definitely recommend adding a learning functionality or it will get boring quickly. I never added as much to this project as I hoped to, but since it learns from your responses, it can still be interesting to use.

Snektron

Add voice recognition! "Okay, TI, calculate 2x+10=3"
Okay maybe not they would get instandly banned in most countys <_<
Cool project though :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Yes, that would be awesome if it made Artificially Intelligent comments (no pun intended) but the problem occurs when I would try to implement it (you would need a dictionary or some way to understand what you say). I try to fix this by making it respond to many words, The gif that I provided showcased a program that was far from complete and the reason I discontinued the Basic not the Axe version was because the more responses I made the slower it would get. Thanks for the feed back though  :).

CKH4

That kind of solver is possible though ( I think ) using the sub command.

alexgt

i use the sub() command but that is for the key inputs i do intend to have two modes for the Axe version though the first being the nice clean GUI mode like Win 7 or something (i plan to implement sounds like a click for the mouse). The next mode would be the command prompt like the one you see.

LD Studios

A very simple learning mechanism should be easy to implement:

-Analyze the phrase that the AI last said as if the user said it
-Add the user's response to a list of responses for that type of phrase

It won't always work perfectly, but it will make sense most of the time, and sometimes the randomness it creates can be funny

Dream of Omnimaga

Hiya and welcome to the forums alexgt!

I am interested in how this AI will go, since I always wondering how capable a chat bot or something similar could be on a calculator. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

THanks DJ and LD. Anyways the advice is great for the response system I will try to implement it some time in the future! Tomorrow I should release the source (you will see clearly that i code like basic and that it is far from optimized because I am new with Axe). Help would be appreciated with optimization and hard-coded responses.

EDIT: Working on Homework I don't think I can work on it much but here is what I got so far (there is no backspace implemented yet) :blah:

EDIT: I think I will try to make this into a shell kind of so you could execute programs with "/execute prgmNAME" or "/prgmNAME" if someone knows how to do so in Axe it would be nice to know

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll give this a try later when I have a chance. I wish you good luck for future updates, especially if you plan to make the bot learn.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

will try, thanks!
DJ have you played Unturned on Steam it is based in Canada and it is free :D