Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Star Wars Battlefront II DLC's

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 16, 2017, 02:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi,

I was wondering: If I win the jack pot at the lottery this weekend, will I have enough money to buy all Star Wars Battlefront II unlockable content and DLC's?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

LOL.

I'm pretty certain you can only buy in-game currency to purchase star cards which are abilities+boosts and you can't actually pay to unlock characters/weapons etc.

You still need to play to get points to earn credits that you need to unlock hero's and stuff, and the only way to unlock weapons is to complete challenges such as killing 500 enemies in a certain class to unlock a new blaster ... just having better cards can make you marginally better in game than people 'right at the beginning'.

After a month or so everyone will have all the cards unlocked/upgraded anyways.

Dream of Omnimaga

From what I heard, you can choose between playing a lot to earn in-game currency to unlock stuff, or you can use real money to either do so instantly or to buy in-game credits. Not sure if the latter is possible, though, but IIRC at one point it costed £1600 or approximately CAD$2150 to unlock everything without waiting and some stuff can take 24 hours of gameplay to unlock without real money.

I might get the game using my trade-in credits at a Quebec City store, but I probably won't get all DLC's.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

They say it takes about 6 months to unlock everything.

EDIT: They also removed microtransactions until they fix the problem, apparently.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

By 6 months, they mean playing 24 hours non-stop everyday, though. Also yeah they are reviewing the microtransactions system apparently. Due to how it works, it was considered gambling by some countries and provinces, since buying extra content with real money gave an advantage over players who didn't

tr1p1ea

I don't think you can buy weapons or heroes though, and you can only buy crystals which can't be converted into credits (they can only be used to buy loot crates that contain boost or ability)