Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CEmu

Started by MateoConLechuga, December 30, 2015, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriweb

I added 83PCE's exact vartypes handling:

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dudeman313

Is there a version of CEmu now that works properly(for the most part) and works on Windows XP or Vista computers and graphics?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: jacobly on September 28, 2016, 07:13:19 PM
I created a buildbot for my server so there are now windows CEmu builds for 32-bit and 64-bit which are updated every time someone commits.
Hopefully this :)

Dudeman313

It works great on my computer! Speedy and everything! Thanks!
Only one issue: On the keypad, the green alpha letters sit on top of the 2nd functions.
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

I think you may need an updated version, try here: http://104.238.135.171:8080/CEmu/master/latest/CEmu64.exe

Oh nevermind, it is like that on windows.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Major bug when transfering files:

1) Open the variables list in the emulator (which seems to pause emulation)  to save files on your computer.
2) Forget to resume emulation
3) Drag and drop some files from your PC to the emulator screen to transfer them
4) Emulator will freeze, to the point where your PC might even stop responding for a few seconds
5) Restart the emulator, only to find out that none of the keys are responding (keyboard and the on-emu keypad). Resetting the calculator, reloading the ROM and restarting the emulator won't fix it.

6) Basically, the bug causes keys to stop responding entirely and the only way to fix it is to close the emulator, rename the ROM file then selecting the ROM at the startup again. This will result into a "Windows has encountered error and must close", but if you hit Cancel quick enough, you can continue using CEmu again afterwards.

Reloading a saved state from when the bug was active will disable all keys again and force you to repeat step 6.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 14, 2016, 06:43:59 AM
Major bug when transfering files:

1) Open the variables list in the emulator (which seems to pause emulation)  to save files on your computer.
2) Forget to resume emulation
3) Drag and drop some files from your PC to the emulator screen to transfer them
4) Emulator will freeze, to the point where your PC might even stop responding for a few seconds
5) Restart the emulator, only to find out that none of the keys are responding (keyboard and the on-emu keypad). Resetting the calculator, reloading the ROM and restarting the emulator won't fix it.

6) Basically, the bug causes keys to stop responding entirely and the only way to fix it is to close the emulator, rename the ROM file then selecting the ROM at the startup again. This will result into a "Windows has encountered error and must close", but if you hit Cancel quick enough, you can continue using CEmu again afterwards.

Reloading a saved state from when the bug was active will disable all keys again and force you to repeat step 6.
Fixed with commit e8b1ffd. This just prevents file transfers using the screen when in this mode. Thanks for the report! :)

Dream of Omnimaga

That's good to hear. :) Hopefully it should prevent accidents
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

BTW, I've started Lua scripting integration:

Though what I think will be the most interesting is events-based things: the script could register/subscribe to some events (GUI or core ones), and do stuff when they fire.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Dream of Omnimaga

I am not sure if I understand the use of Lua in CEmu, other than the script side of things. Is it for custom features/add-ons or are you adding Lua support to the CE?

Adriweb

This is for scripting CEmu itself, so as to be able to do things not possible in any other way before.
See this for some details: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/issues/19

Dream of Omnimaga

Bug report: ICE Compiler no longer works in CEmu. Note that I have just updated to the most recent version of CEmu, the newest version of ICE and my ROM to 5.2.0 (same as on my calc), so I am unsure in which software the bug was introduced, but on my other version of CEmu, ICE and ROM 5.1.5, I could compile ICE programs fine. Now it just freezes once I press Enter.

EDIT: Also, you know how the LCD dims when you don't use the calc for 1 minute, right? Well, now in CEmu, even once you start using the calc again, the LCD still remains dimmed. The only way to fix it is to change the contrast.

Dream of Omnimaga

MateoConLechuga

That's because you didn't transfer at an empty homescreen. So you had an edit buffer open when you started transfers. This is not currently fixable without proper usb emulation.