Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Some sprites by DJ Omnimaga

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 13, 2014, 12:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 05, 2015, 02:58:57 PM
at school we only used the computer lab about twice a week.
You're lucky  O.O
We use it once every three months...
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

CKH4

I'm the luckiest, I get one of my classes in one every day.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

Quote from: CKH4 on May 05, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
I'm the luckiest, I get one of my classes in one every day.
Same but the teacher has a program that monitors all the computers so we have to do what we should be doing but when I am done I pull up an image of a :walrii: and turn on magnifier so he only sees a large walrii GIF while I play on my calc :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

CKH4

Lol, we had that at the middle school that I went to. It was awful because our teacher was pretty lame and stuff. I remember some lame stuff that we did but I'm not sharing because :P .

Snektron

Seems like im lucy our school doesnt monitize our computers that heavily. Also brentmaas found a way to access (and edit/remove) otherwise blocked system files, so theyre not that goot with computers. Also the program they use to upload our grades and homework, though really handy, is so badly written q.q (not written by our school but still)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Sorry to continue the off topic but our schools a little smarter than that. We have windows 7 server equivalent that resets on logout. The only workaround that I've found for mine is using google chrome as a file manager allowing you to launch files not normally accessible to you. In theory I believe I could reach the command line if I really tried but I don't and won't because people at our school got suspended for being racist against our principal who apparently has her own race of who knows what. They were actually suspended for misuse of school property but before that they were brought in for being racist ( they weren't although other people were ).

Also maybe you should split to a topic called school stuff in the off topic subforum.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: DarkestEx on May 05, 2015, 08:07:20 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 05, 2015, 02:58:57 PM
at school we only used the computer lab about twice a week.
You're lucky  O.O
We use it once every three months...
Well the thing is that in the second to last grade of hi school, we had 4 empty slots where we could choose between compsci intro, arts, music, etc. Some people had 2 slots. All slots were filled with the same class, so every 9 day we had 2 or 4 computer classes, for an average of 2 per week. During the final year of hi school it was the same for me but also the computer labs were open during dinner breaks.

The annoying thing, though, is that when I had hi school, they used Deep Freeze, so when we installed stuff, it was removed upon restarting the computer. Also during the final year, in two occasions, they tried to stop people from downloading NES/SNES ROMs by blocking ZIP files (and for a shorter while EXE). Even behind a proxy it wouldn't work. Plus the internet was high speed, but shared between 100 computers, so it was actually slower than dial-up.

We should probably take this to a different topic I think :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah thats a good idea, dj.

Also our computer don't reset, but you can't install stuff / open the CMD. You have a specific user folder on our school's computers though, But its recommended you take a
USB stick with you and use that. You can use the CMD from a USB (only batch files), since we need that for computer science. So we made a quick batch that asks for input then executes that. Quite handy of you want to use things like Lua or Python and dont want to use their consoles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Here are some sprites from First Fantasy II:

A lot are missing from this image, but I didn't want to include too many spoilers (although you can get an idea from the grayscale representation of sprite data). Also they're stretched up horizontally due to how CE Textlib works. Enemies are 7x14 and walls 3x9.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Cool! Spoilers.. :)
So, with the greyscale representation, does this mean you're considering my dream/flashback idea? ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't think there will be any enemy battle in the flashback area if it gets implemented.

Dudeman313

That's okay. If you put dreary lightning flashes, would it be too slow in the redraw?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes it would. That's unless certain maps were designed to have low quality indoor sprites, though. I could use low-details walls, windows and such stuff as an excuse to have animations actually. :P

Dudeman313

What about the inside of a house with just a few windows that show occasional flashing lightning?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm planning to add windows. Also i will probably modify my engine to allow full floor color changes, if I need it. That could be handy in the village or if I add a castle.