Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Buying a new laptop for 450 dollars

Started by Unicorn, April 21, 2015, 04:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I thought so. I finally reinstalled windows, so thats done. When school ends I'll install all the programs I need.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: Unicorn on May 15, 2015, 03:51:13 AM
I just ran minecraft with largest render distance, fanciest textures, and all particles, and this computer behaves awesomely! :w00t: :D

I had the same (and still have) with my PC and some games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

lol, that was the extact feeling I got. :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Get Optifine and boost it to 32 chunks :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Thats what is was doing, without optifine. *.*

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

32 or 16 the max for vanilla minecraft is 16

Unicorn

Oh, really? I though it is said 32+... hmmm Whatever, its amazing
I also have removed all the bloat.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I think in one version they had it set the max to 32 but they took that out for lag reasons but you can get that with Optifine. Although you can't on severs because they have server wide render distances that you can't go above a certain amount :(

Unicorn

I think the server wide renders distances are only for displaying players. Anyways, I'm gonna make a amplified world with 32 chunks :D

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

*mumbles something about running 80 mods with 32x texturepack and 2x render resolution at 60 fps*

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on May 15, 2015, 08:39:37 PM
I think the server wide renders distances are only for displaying players. Anyways, I'm gonna make a amplified world with 32 chunks :D
Good luck with amplified, I would set it down to 8 then boost it up when you have all the chunks generated. At 32 it would take an insanely ling time for any computer to generate the world O.O.

Unicorn

Lol cumred the modpacks are next. :P

And yeah, alex I just want to see ho much my comp can handle.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't use any Minecraft mods but if I recall correctly, the only real lag I ever get is when I am playing online. Otherwise it runs at 60 FPS most of the time. I don't remember if I had every setting maxed out, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Online is fun, also with this comp, my speed test grade went up to a B from a D-!!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???