Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Robotics & HP Prime discussion (split from Real life stuff)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, July 06, 2015, 05:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Continued from http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=593.0

Quote from: alexgt on July 06, 2015, 04:13:27 PM
I shouldn't be watching cartoons anyway I have to work on MinePrime, SIFS, and learn Java (for robotics, guess that's what happens when you are the only programmer <_<)
Is java any good for robotics?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 06, 2015, 05:10:27 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't say it's the best. Depends what you're doing, if it's an UI that sends commands to your robot it's perfectly acceptable, otherwise, nah, I wouldn't say it's any good.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 06, 2015, 08:28:09 PM
That is what they said I had to learn soo...
Get mad and say I WILL USE HP PPL! :P

I had to program a robot for a stem camp thing a long time ago. It seemed like a custom basic type language.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on July 06, 2015, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: alexgt on July 06, 2015, 08:28:09 PM
That is what they said I had to learn soo...
Get mad and say I WILL USE HP PPL! :P

I had to program a robot for a stem camp thing a long time ago. It seemed like a custom basic type language.
* alexgt connects calc to computer then says this is your NEW controller :P

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

And the project starts... If you could make a program that reads keypresses from a prime and sends them to an external transmitter you could...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

I used it on my nxt a while back, but it wasnt very accurate with the motors and such... I'd use C for that kind of things anyway
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

I would try to send it a note from the prime to the computer that would tell the robot what to do not individual key presses.

Dream of Omnimaga

What would be great is if you could control the robot using the keypad, though. It would be akward to have to do it via a command console.

Unicorn

Maybe you could use te control the computer thing, and have the computer send the signals?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 11, 2015, 01:51:07 PM
What would be great is if you could control the robot using the keypad, though. It would be akward to have to do it via a command console.
If you were to control it with the messages thingy then yeah it would be hard but if there was something like the Axiom that allowed you to send keystrokes to your PC it would be doable

Unicorn

IF you could get the prime to send signals to a remote or computer that then sends it to the robot, you would have to write a program that converts whatever code you get from a keypress to the command the robot would get. That would hypothetically work, yes?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???