Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Any good PC case you guys want to recommend?

Started by c4ooo, October 26, 2016, 09:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

First of all, I prefer something cheap. I don't want to dish out 100$ for what is essentially a piece of metal. (Yes I know a CPU is also essentially a piece of metal too but hopefully you get my point :P )
I have some links I have been looking at, but imr on my phone right now.

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

c4ooo

gameblabla

Quote from: c4ooo on October 26, 2016, 09:36:54 PM
First of all, I prefer something cheap. I don't want to dish out 100$ for what is essentially a piece of metal. (Yes I know a CPU is also essentially a piece of metal too but hopefully you get my point :P )
Right in my feels bra.
I spent 100€ on a Cooler Master Case but when i brought it here in my country, they broke it into pieces,
even tho i spent 100€ to bring it here.
No warranty

I cried really hard, i literally had to glue all the broken pieces.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

That sucks Gameblabla D:. Anyway what's the most important is what you'll put inside the case. But of course you have to choose your case wisely too. For example don't choose one that is too small, else it will be a major PITA to remove the hard drive and other things if they ever need to be replaced (although nothing can beat HP's prebuilt desktops, which often requires tearing the front of the case apart with metal scissors or something in order to get the hard drive out or other c like that).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Rip i forgot i ever asked this :/
Anyways, DJ i totaly understand what you mean :) This is why i asked if someone could recommend a specific model :)

SiphonicSugar

Yay I'm here to the rescue!  :P

I need to ask you some questions first: What type of motherboard are you using and what type of cooling are you using?

If you are using a micro-atx motherboard, I would recommend the Thermaltake Core V21.
If you are using an atx motherboard, I would recommend the Fractal Design Core 2300.
If you are using a mini-itx motherboard, I would recommend the Cooler Master Elite 130.

Actually, water cooling will do well in the micro-atx and atx cases, probably not the mini-itx one.

Also, what are the parts that you have already chosen for your PC? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

p2

You should be happy if  case you buy nowerdays is made out of metal at all... <_<

I personally prefer just using old cases from computers around 2000 when they still had those doublesized computer cases (twice the height). You can fit ANYTHING in there plus it's all good metal so ou can add random screws whereever you want ^^
Also you have to worry about the floor, not the case, if it ever happens to fall down  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

novenary

(Yes I know a CPU is also essentially a piece of metal too but hopefully you get my point :P )
Silicon is not metal. :P

aetios

Quote from: p2You should be happy if  case you buy nowerdays is made out of metal at all...
That's very much untrue, only cheap cases are not made of metal but all somewhat better cases are.
ceci n'est pas une signature

p2

erm.... Yeah, maybe...  but they would be outside my price category... <_<  :P
at least I myself never even touched any full metal case that was less than 10 years old <_< except for a macbook which doesnt count xD
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: p2 on November 15, 2016, 02:30:12 PM
erm.... Yeah, maybe...  but they would be outside my price category... <_<  :P
at least I myself never even touched any full metal case that was less than 10 years old <_< except for a macbook which doesnt count xD
Dude, that's because most of the cases are made from carbon fiber and glass.  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad

p2

I had black plastic. And grey plastic. And cheap metal. And fat metal plates... What do carbon fiber cases actually look like? ::)

SiphonicSugar

Okay, maybe just a bunch of brushed aluminum..