You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

Read before posting your files

b/Game Downloads Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 14, 2014, 02:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/novenary November 17, 2014, 06:35:32 PM
Well if it's a public comp you're not really supposed to download games anyway. :P Plus in the case of calc stuff, it's impossible to install TiLP/TI-Connect/TINC(L)S anyway.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 18, 2014, 01:56:55 AM
True, but still, some people only have those computers for internet access (not even at home) so sometimes they kinda have no choice. >.< They might just need to download files and check if they are the right ones or if they need dependencies before heading back home where they lack Internet.
u/novenary November 18, 2014, 01:23:07 PM
True that. ZIP is the most used format so unless needed (ie, unusually large file or in the case of UNIX stuff, actual need for a tarball), it should be used.
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 25, 2014, 10:08:29 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 15, 2014, 12:12:43 PM
They might be although I think Linux/OSX-only games are pretty rare, right? I guess they could be allowed too.

Actually, My [SQUARE] is HTML5 or Linux only!,^^
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 25, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
Actually now that you mention HTML5, I wonder if this section should allow downloadable browser games? Also is [SQUARE] a new game from you? That would be a nice thing to showcase me thinks :) (plus the non-calc section could use some content :P)
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 25, 2014, 05:28:42 PM
I already introduced at Omnimaga. If you want I'll publish it here. But unless you turn on offline file loading (it's usually off for security reasons), it won't run locally, you need a server program.
u/Dream of Omnimaga November 25, 2014, 08:52:36 PM
Aah I see now. That said, maybe eventually we could host some HTML5 games if they are safe. Who knows? They could be used for a future arcade. :P
u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron November 25, 2014, 09:37:26 PM
Heh, why not? That could be a good idea!
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators