Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

MOS: A game that has been in development for 3 years.

Started by mazhat, March 15, 2017, 02:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should MOS play out?

You're a lone guy, exploring the world. (Fallout-like)
4 (44.4%)
You're a squad, and you control your whole squad. (X-com like)
4 (44.4%)
You control every step, also you're a lone guy (Rogue-like)
0 (0%)
Something else: Please write a suggestion in the comments.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

mazhat

Thank you, Strontium.
It's nice to hear that you like what you see so far :)
Very motivational.

Now I feeling like giving out a small demo of the game!

p.s. If there is any artists out there that would like to help with tile and character art that would be awesome.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

mazhat

[Removed]
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

mazhat

Sketti

mazhat

I've still been working on this game every now and then.
I built a new engine, and it looks much prettier and stuff.
I thought you guys might like this!

As for the destruction, this is kinda what I'm looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWvmbFeHX1g

The algorithm for detecting when a structure should fall, and getting the buildings to do the "cascade" effect is very strange,
but also super efficient! I could make a tutorial in the future.
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

I like that isometric style and how stuff gets destroyed :O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

Thank you!! :OOO
I just really love X-COM Apocalypse, so I made my game isometric,
also I made the rendering algorithm SUPER efficient, so now destruction can be HUGE!!

Edit: Why cannot upload images anymore? :(
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

I'll check image uploads later. It's possible that uploads broke but I'm unsure why for now (here are the current settings. Maybe @Juju could check server settings to see if something is blocking attachment uploads?)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

I am trying to think of ways to program the "AI" for my game, but
it's kind of tricky. I don't really care if it's realistic, I
just want it to be interesting and fun.

I also want the AI to be somewhat dynamic,
and not just following a hardcoded path.

The only attachment type I am allowed to post is ".", and I'm not quite sure what that means,
but images don't work, and nor do gifs :(

Sketti

mazhat

It's getting pretty interesting.
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

mazhat

--------------------------------------------------------
Lots of stuff from my just-named program called "Foxel", a voxel renderer.
I'm going to use it to help me make harder things like buildings and vehicles.
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah that looks awesome! Could this be used to create a 3D sequel or something?

mazhat

Probably not, simply because the method for rendering is very inefficient.
I calculate every voxel's screen position and I use the painter's algorithm in particular.
I would love to make a true 3D sequel one day, but I am just focused on this for now.
Sketti

c4ooo

This actually looks like it has a lot of potential!
If you invest some time onto it, I don't think it will be hard to switch tho backend to render using openGL, or at least optimize your software renderer (transvoxel maybe?). Keep up the good work!