Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ti-84CE tcg - Tiny Chao Garden

Started by Luxen, October 01, 2015, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luxen

Since i'm a huge sega fan, I regularly play various sonic-themed games on nearly all of my devices. However, looking at the ti calculator, few (if any) games featuring sega ever came to fruition (is that a word?). I planned to fill that gap with tiny chao garden, a clone-ish of the Sonic Advance chao garden.

Completed:
Chao wanders (pic1-stored) map, sometimes says things.
Can buy stuff for chao, including fruit (red, blue, and green fruit) and toy (a trumpet)

In works:
A way to earn rings to buy stuff with (minigames of sorts. Not as flashy as originals, due to limitations)
single-colored sprites, instead of single-color everything (can be disabled in options to save speed)

To Do:
Clean up existing sprites and make sprites for objects that dont have any
Custom plot-based font (expect disabled by default to save speed)
Chao has stats (im not sure what for, since you cant transfer chao to official gardens; maybe ill make other games using this, but dont hold your breath)

Ill post screenies when I find my camera (though its a little ugly right now)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83, Ti-83+, Ti-84+, Ti-84+CE, TI-86, Casio Prizm

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting. I never heard of that game before. By TCG do you mean Trading card games like Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic? Also how will the graphics be? Do you plan to use some homescreen with libs, for example, or will it be picture or graphscreen based?

I can't wait to see pictures of the game. :)

EDIT Also I agree that there aren't enough Sega-based games on TI calcs. On the other hand, back in the days there were a few Phantasy Star-related RPG projects (including a completed one called Phantasy Star Eternity End on ticalc.org). And there's Lotus Turbo Challenge.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U