Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ponies

Started by Yuki, November 14, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

The Japanese ops and the italian one are the best.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I like how they do openings in different countries. For 80's and early 90's material I generally prefer French openings to Japanese (except Sailor Moon, where I prefer the German version by far, because Happy hardcore) and US because they generally had more catchy songs (although in some cases unfitting), but for newer stuff I prefer Japanese opening. That Japanese opening with the eurobeat theme is awesome by the way. I like the Italian one too but not as much as the American song it seems.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: Juju on December 11, 2014, 03:41:03 PM
The Japanese ops and the italian one are the best.
Yup, for me they outperform the international opening by far. The French version (and most likely a bunch of others) is the same as the US one, but translated.

aetios

Translated songs really suck. I recently heard the Dutch version of Let It Go from Frozen. That is I heard the first 2 seconds before I ran away screaming...
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Hmm, why does this song fits with this GIF so well? O.O

(that crochet is by Soru by the way)

Also I started a new topic for anime opening original vs translated discussion at http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=102.0 to continue the off-topic talk there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

It wasn't really off topic since we were discussing the mlp openings. :P

Yuki

From the team behind Last Stand of Harmony and Project Thundercloud, here's a trailer for Dinky's Destiny. Coming soon Spring 2015.

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I didn't know the Project Thundercloud authors would do more animations. I hope that like PT2 that this movie won't get shut down by Hashbro or stuff like that. It seems pretty nice so far.

Yuki

Yep, from what I see so far, it will be pretty epic. It's been planned since somewhat before PT2 released and as you probably saw, Minty Root is no longer alone to do this. We're a pretty nice team :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait you're in the team too? O.O Nice :D

Yuki

Yeah. I'm also in Creativity Kitchen, a group for Flash animators, artists and the likes, which will help a lot with Dinky's Destiny. I'm also currently working on the official website which will give all the assets used to make the movie for free (because we make all our own assets instead of inadvertly stealing them from DHX like everyone else, so it will be the most legal you can get for a fan movie) as well as some tutorials on how to animate it will look pretty swell.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I remember you were in another group before which had a forum, but IIRC it died, right?

That said, I don't mind if you cross-post some updates here if you get very involved in the making of a project like this to keep us updated in this thread :)

unknownloner

Hah, the owner of the server I use decided to make some modifications to the login MOTD

You can get some surprising quality out of terminals with box characters and smart foreground/background manipulation.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah that's some amazing ASCII art there! O.O

unknownloner

/)