Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Rocket League!

Started by Ivoah, March 01, 2016, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivoah

So, I just got Rocket League :D
For those of you who don't know what it is, Rocket League is a computer game where you play soccer with rocket powered cars. It's super fun, and I would highly recommend checking it out.

I'd love to be able to play with codewalruses, so far I've played a few games with Unicorn.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Dream of Omnimaga

So is it like ice hockey due to the speed? That's something I might be interested in but I probably wouldn't play that often, since I am not so much into sports games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 01, 2016, 09:20:35 PM
So is it like ice hockey due to the speed? That's something I might be interested in but I probably wouldn't play that often, since I am not so much into sports games.
Essentially, yes. You can blow cars up and knock them out of the way. There also is a game-mode were you can play with a puck :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

matrefeytontias

Oh hey I have Rocket League and have been looking for people to play with. How fortunate !
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Ivoah

Quote from: matrefeytontias on March 01, 2016, 09:39:37 PM
Oh hey I have Rocket League and have been looking for people to play with. How fortunate !

What's you steam name? I'm Ivoah (surprise!).
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

matrefeytontias

Mine is as much of a surprise as yours :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Dudeman313

I just now heard of this. It's amazing! I wish I could play it.... :(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

Quote from: matrefeytontias on March 01, 2016, 10:56:17 PM
Mine is as much of a surprise as yours :P
Looks like its time for me to find that suprising steam name :P

BTW, I'm Unicorn808
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it free, by the way? Also when you blow up cars, are they replaced?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 02, 2016, 06:32:33 PM
Is it free, by the way? Also when you blow up cars, are they replaced?
It is not free, and the default respawn time is 3 seconds.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Count me out, then, sorry. I can buy NHL 2012 for $5 at Gamestop <.< That's unless there are really things that stands out like character upgrades, lots of power ups and such stuff, though.

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 02, 2016, 07:17:02 PM
Ah ok. Count me out, then, sorry. I can buy NHL 2012 for $5 at Gamestop <.< That's unless there are really things that stands out like character upgrades, lots of power ups and such stuff, though.
I don't think Rocket League is really comparable to something like an NHL game.

Unicorn

Dj: Watch some videos, and also, as you complete games you get things to customize your car with. (For example, right now I have a rainbow flower rocket trail, a toast antenna and a deadmau5 hat)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

caleb1997

I've played this a few times, and I own the bots, but I don't have my own copy, seeing as I'd have to have a PS4 and PS live membership. :(
  • Calculators owned: CSE, CE

aetios

Eh? Rocket League is also available on Steam. No need for PS4 / PSLive memberships :)
ceci n'est pas une signature