Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

How to upload screenshots from your Wii U (TV or Gamepad) [Mario Maker][levels]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 07, 2016, 04:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So while browsing Reddit about Mario Maker, I found a post that explains how to share better screenshots than the ones posted on Miiverse when you upload a level. I am surprised that the trick works but since it does, I thought I would share it, especially people like @Art_of_camelot @JWinslow23 and @Juju , who got Super Mario Maker but no capture card:

Quote1) When the image you wish to share is on your TV or Wii U GamePad, press HOME to open the HOME Menu.
2) Select the internet browser icon from the HOME Menu.
3) Go to http://www.imgur.com.
4) Tap "upload images".
5) Tap "browse your computer".
6) From the displayed menu, select the TV or GamePad image depending on which you want to share.
7) Tap "start upload".

Source:
from r/MarioMaker

Here's an example of how much better they are:

Here is a Miiverse screenshot in comparison:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

That's a pretty genius move from the Nintendo devs. Since the Wii have no files to show when we click on an upload form, it's a good idea to offer to upload a screenshot. It even works with any upload form, like this one!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I was sure such thing would not work, since the Wii U is not a computer nor a phone. :P

And nice to see. I should edit my post, although I guess imgur is more convenient.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Note that the limit for a single attachment is 512 KB (configurable in the admin panel), so it might not work sometimes.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. It was mainly to not fill the server too quick in CW's early times. Maybe in a few years it will upped if needed.