Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What do you all use to make pixel art?

Started by _iPhoenix_, May 11, 2018, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

What do you use to create pixel art?

I myself use piskel, it's the best free online one I could find.

I'm curious to see what the rest of you use, because it is somewhat lacking in features (even though I'll never need anything else, it's fun to have them at your disposal).
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

On windows, i used to love Photofiltre.
However, i have since switched to Devuan and i now use GIMP.
Some people recommended me Krita, however i find it very unsuitable for pixel art & copy-pasta, which GIMP excels.

I don't like some of the changes GIMP made in 2.10 though... Maybe i'll have to complain the c out of them in the bug tracker.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: gameblabla on May 11, 2018, 08:21:18 PM
On windows, i used to love Photofiltre.
However, i have since switched to Devuan and i now use GIMP.
Some people recommended me Krita, however i find it very unsuitable for pixel art & copy-pasta, which GIMP excels.

I don't like some of the changes GIMP made in 2.10 though... Maybe i'll have to complain the c out of them in the bug tracker.

I use GIMP when what I am doing becomes too complicated. I would like something in the middle, where the advanced features are *there* but you don't *have* to use them. Sort of like why pointers suck in C, IMHO. (They are there and you *have* to use them :P )
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar: