Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

It would also be cool if there were an automatic post to a download topic. Though you can also just use the link i guess
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean dynamic topic listing on the blog?

Also I finally figured out how to fix the Karma log permissions. I wanted them viewable so it's easier for staff to see which post's karma was changed, but for odd reasons non-mods couldn't see it. It turned out that in addition to permissions, there was an extra box to check in the Karma settings to enable that feature. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Site updated to SMF 2.0.10. This supposedly fixes some bugs over the previous versions, although for the most part nothing that seems to have affected our user experience before.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

So I updated the first post again with what still needs to be done and feature ideas. It was pretty outdated since various things have been fixed (CODE divs in spoilers), were confirmed to not be issues anymore or were scrapped ideas.

Dream of Omnimaga

UPDATE: Members that have 0 posts are no longer allowed to post external website links. Hopefully this cuts down some of the spam.

Snektron

Ah thats a good update, i hope it will work :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Jonius7

Ah that's why it said I couldn't post links when all I did was have BB Code. I was however able to quick modify it in afterwards.
  • Calculators owned: Casio CFX-9850, TI-Nspire
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HTC One, Huawei Honor 10
My Released Projects (Updated 2015/05/08)
TI-nspire BASIC TI-nspire Hold 'em Health Bar Scissors Paper Rock
TI-nspire Lua Numstrat TI-nspire Hold 'em Lua Transport Chooser Secret Project (at v0.08.2 - 2015/05/08)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah we had an increase in spambots lately and since we currently only have 3 moderators (only one having regular computer+internet access) sometimes it takes a while before bots get banned. If they try to bypass this by trying to camouflage their links as something else then we can always add a filter for it.

Or we could get extra moderators :P

CKH4

Its kinda weird, I haven't seen any spambot posts. If you need a sort of part time mod I can be on every other day. I don't really want it though so if your getting more moderators pick other people over me.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Strontium

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 08, 2015, 02:48:10 AM
Yeah we had an increase in spambots lately and since we currently only have 3 moderators (only one having regular computer+internet access) sometimes it takes a while before bots get banned. If they try to bypass this by trying to camouflage their links as something else then we can always add a filter for it.

Or we could get extra moderators :P

*raises hand*noplsdon'tmakemeamoderatorisuckatmoderatingplusihaventevenbeenherelongenough
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Yuki

Quote from: CKH4 on May 08, 2015, 02:53:36 AM
Its kinda weird, I haven't seen any spambot posts.
DJ has time to slay them before anyone can see them, what an efficient guy.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

I might be able to Mod, I'm on almost every day for at least an hour... That is if you want me to. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on May 08, 2015, 03:17:31 AM
Quote from: CKH4 on May 08, 2015, 02:53:36 AM
Its kinda weird, I haven't seen any spambot posts.
DJ has time to slay them before anyone can see them, what an efficient guy.
Erm, while I can send the topics right to the trash bin, I cannot ban members. I can move them to the restricted membergroup, though (which requires admin approval on every post). Only server maintenance guys who have been here since the very start, along with moderators, can ban/delete accounts. Hence why I said having more moderators would be nice. But of course we need to know the user well and trust him enough to not end up with a moderator that uses his powers out of anger (which is why I didn't want to be mod) or for entertainment purposes. :P

EDIT lol Unicorn at that pixel art.

Unicorn

I was just wondering, could the membergroups feature be used to make coding groups in the future? I actually see a contest bbetween coding groups if that happens.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

What do you mean by that? Because we already have the Elite Coders group, in which notable programmers get put if they are still planning to make new stuff and contribute to the site. For contests, I think it would be counter-productive to restrict them to just members of such group.