Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What instruments do you play/have you played?

Started by Vijfhoek, December 06, 2014, 11:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

I play percussion and piano. I'm doing percussion for my fifth year and piano for my 9th year.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 27, 2015, 04:27:36 AM
Nice, have you managed to get pretty good?
I guess I'm good at piano. I can play any piece with time to practice and learn it. But, I don't have much time anymore seeing how much homework I'm getting...
(Same reason why I couldn't learn TI BASIC last weekend)
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

calcplays

I played the trumpet in my school band for 7 years. I have also played the piano and the recorder.

Max Leiter

Played the guitar for ~4 years before stopping due to time, hoping to take it back up sometime. Homeworks no fun :(

Yuki

Quote from: Max Leiter on October 27, 2015, 11:15:25 PM
Played the guitar for ~4 years before stopping due to time, hoping to take it back up sometime. Homeworks no fun :(

I know right. I went back to playing some piano this weekend at my grandparents, I probably should learn a complete song by Christmas. I have my MIDI piano and my guitars around, but I almost never play them other than messing with music software once in a while (real instruments are pretty useful for me for coming up with a melody before transcribing it into software).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Are you kinda good at piano by the way? And does your grandparent piano have an audio out or is it one of those old pianos? I always prefered old pianos for playing, but electronic ones can be handy for recording stuff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

garvalf

I learnt piano and keyboard when I was young but I'm pretty bad at it.
Then I decided I felt better with string instruments, so I learnt by myself guitar, bass guitar and fiddle.  It's rather raw, but here is what I did with it (some 10 years ago, I'd like to go back to those instruments and create something more substantial with them):
https://myspace.com/anamnese14/music/songs
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

DarkestEx

I played the drums, guitar, recorder, guitar and the sax. I stopped learning them all, though I still have my sax and I would probably play again at some point.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Sorry to hear. I hope eventually you have extra free time besides Microcat, life and school to learn at least one of them again, especially if you enjoy it. :) Do you have pictures of your instruments?
Quote from: garvalf on October 31, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
I learnt piano and keyboard when I was young but I'm pretty bad at it.
Then I decided I felt better with string instruments, so I learnt by myself guitar, bass guitar and fiddle.  It's rather raw, but here is what I did with it (some 10 years ago, I'd like to go back to those instruments and create something more substantial with them):
https://myspace.com/anamnese14/music/songs

Is that your profile?  Because the guitar in those songs sounds nice and it reminds me some 80's heavy metal

garvalf

thanks, yes, I composed and recorded all myself...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 03, 2015, 06:53:24 AM
Sorry to hear. I hope eventually you have extra free time besides Microcat, life and school to learn at least one of them again, especially if you enjoy it. :) Do you have pictures of your instruments?
Yes I look forward to play some more sax when I have time :)

This is my saxophone which is the only instrument I own:

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

alexgt

At camp one year I there was a activity where you learned to play a guitar. After that I wanted to get one but priorities (calculators)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Turiq

Started with Cornet, moved down to Baritone Horn, played Valve Trombone for my high school's jazz band, and then switched to Trumpet a year or so ago. Which is hell on my braces, but eh.
I also occasionally play keyboard, though I'm absolute garbage at it ^u^
  • Calculators owned: 84+SE, Nspire Cas, Nspire CX, Prizm
*blinks*

Dream of Omnimaga

What about trumpet vs braces?

Also one issue with music instruments is that some costs a lot of money, even used. >.<