Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

General site updates, TODO list and discussion

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 12, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Hmm I think this would be very useful! *.*

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4034

Not necessarily like on cnCalc.org but still pretty handy. cnCalc also allows searching by tags, but that is still nice I guess.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, that's handy to have, even Planète-Casio does have a similar feature, so yes, that's handy.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Yuki

Ah, yeah. That's an ABXD feature ported to SMF, that should be pretty useful.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

CKH4

I like this one but I hardly ever go to the who's online page.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3655

Oooh, and do you use this one? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3903
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Eiyeron on February 24, 2015, 01:55:45 PM
Yeah, that's handy to have, even Planète-Casio does have a similar feature, so yes, that's handy.
Oh nice I didn't know that. I wonder how I can use it? It would be pretty handy since Google search isn't always reliable.

Quote from: CKH4 on February 24, 2015, 03:15:05 PM
I like this one but I hardly ever go to the who's online page.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3655

Oooh, and do you use this one? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3903

I don't have the first, but if I implement it it will probably scale down avatars to about 32x48 or 48x48 because if we ever get many people online it would get annoying to browse. What would be nice is if it also separated registered users from guests like on PhpBB2/3.

Also wow the 2nd mod might be very handy in the future O.O. I am unsure if it would install though since we already heavily modded the post page. It might require manual template installing, which could make it very hard to uninstall if we ever get rid of the mod. However it would be handy for calculator game releases with more than 1 author and also for lists of tutorials or actual tutorials.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Eiyeron on February 24, 2015, 01:55:45 PM

Nope, nevermind, forget it. I'm efinitely tired and sarting to see things where they're'nt. I thought it meant that selecting some text then clicking on a BBCode tag just wrapped the text with said tag.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Protip: Don't do drugs. :P Just kidding, yeah actually what the current mod we have does is that if you put any topic text inside brackets, it converts it into a graphical tag. There aren't any limitations (other than how it doesn't work on the front page nor the Latest Activity page) so people better not abuse it :P (eg naming their topics [T][H][E][ ][G][A][M][E] or something <_<)

Dream of Omnimaga

Does anyone know what is the best Android application for RSS feed? It needs notifications so that when a feed is updated it shows a notification in Android status bar.

I am asking, because with SMF 2.0, via http://codewalr.us/index.php?action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=10 you can get the latest posts on the forums and if there is a reliable Android app that can notify the user when feeds are updated, then this could behave as a CodeWalrus post notifier app. What about Windows, Mac, Linux and iOS?

Snektron

I can make an android app that sends a push notification :)
iOS will be harder since it costs about $400/yr + a mac to dev  >:( java does have some windows notification api though i can maybe do something with
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Yep, Android push notifications shouldn't be hard. And every OS should have some sort of RSS thing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Maybe a custom app/program for wherever it can and RSS for the rest?

Dream of Omnimaga

A custom app could work although maybe people won't want an app just for 1 single site.

Snektron

Yeah, but i'll make it anyway for myself and then post it here  :P but i wont put it on the play store

Dream of Omnimaga

Does it cost something for each app you put there? Or is it an one-time fee? I forgot.

Snektron

$25 for life ;D unlike apple's $100/yr  >:( *grumble*
Edit: 420th post. MLG Blaze it