Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Streetwalrus on March 30, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Yeah that's annoying. That's why I play emus on my tablet with a gamepad. :P

Fun fact : USB OTG rules. Playing RetroArch with my X360 controller on my phone is fun (yet very messy because the wires)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

123outerme

I just downloaded Flipnote Studio 3D, Metroid I, and Punch Out starring Mr. Dream! for free, to my 3DS, from Club Nintendo. Club Nintendo's dying tomorrow, so that's why I just went HAM with the downloading.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

This is a nice selection. :D Especially Metroid I. It's very hard, though. :P

I bought a few games there using my points a few months ago. Earthbound was one of them.

As for today I just bought LEGO The Hobbit for PS Vita. I normally don't buy LEGO games but since I like adventure-oriented games and that this game was only $8 brand new, I decided to get it anyway.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Only my little Brother and sister have a DSi, but my brother has a lot of those dsi store games top :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, people who bought Club Nintendo games should download them on their system ASAP and make sure to not break nor format their consoles, because past a certain date you won't be able to download them again.

This is why I rarely buy games digitally and instead buy them in physical copies. If the service ever goes down, then at least I still have my physical copy, plus physical copies can have a collectible value. I didn't mind doing it this time, though, because the games were free. :P

Also, Going out of Business sales rock :P.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Yeah, and most of the time you even don't really own the game, you own something like a long term lent....

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed. Sometimes you can only use it on one system so if your system stops working then you lose your stuff. Physical copies will always be the way to go for paid games, IMHO, even if they take more space. Plus in the case of console games, you can trade them in at stores.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Last week I got myself the three Borderlands on PC. If someone wants to play with me, I'd be glad to help.

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice. I personally had it on Xbox 360 but I sold it a long while ago. I should check how much the PC version costs. Do you usually explore and stuff? I tend to do that so if you just rush through the game as fast as possible then maybe I won't be able to follow. :P That said, it would take a long while before I play because I got so many games to play lol.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

YOu missed Steam's promo. 8 € for the 1 or 2 (with all the DLC)

jamu

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 30, 2014, 08:23:29 PM
Nice finds guys. I think I'm more interested in hacking the systems than playing the games personally lol. :P
Lol same
I usually never play the games unless I hack them to have funny textures/sounds or even miscellaneous cheats xD
I have a rhythm game problem.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on April 02, 2015, 07:32:32 AM
YOu missed Steam's promo. 8 € for the 1 or 2 (with all the DLC)
Aw, hopefully it comes back at one point, such as during Summer.
Quote from: jamesguessis on April 02, 2015, 09:42:00 AM
Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 30, 2014, 08:23:29 PM
Nice finds guys. I think I'm more interested in hacking the systems than playing the games personally lol. :P
Lol same
I usually never play the games unless I hack them to have funny textures/sounds or even miscellaneous cheats xD
Yeah when I use cheats it's only to have stuff that completely alters the gameplay and only use them in single-player games. Sometimes, you almost totally get new games. :P Of course, for old games that run in emulators it's best when made into a ROM hack, though (or preferably a patch)

novenary

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 30, 2015, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Streetwalrus on March 30, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Yeah that's annoying. That's why I play emus on my tablet with a gamepad. :P

Fun fact : USB OTG rules. Playing RetroArch with my X360 controller on my phone is fun (yet very messy because the wires)
That's why the PS3 pad is better. It runs on bluetooth. :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron