Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh that's nice. Was Skyrim part of the bundle?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

CKH4

Nope, just on sale for 10 dollars so I decided to go for it. VVVVVV is really difficult though. I've found myself giving up many times before I can finally beat the level.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah that's still cool, though. I got the game on Boxing Day for like 60% off back when it was $59.99 for almost 2 years. I didn't play it much, though. As for VVVVVV I agree.  >.< Pimath's calc version is quite fun too by the way :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

I see the graphics and am just astounded that the skyrim devs managed to create something so wonderful looking so long ago under 6gb ( in my opinion the current standard for fps ). I have tried pimaths version and quite like it. I keep recognizing snippets of the map from the actual version.

Yuki

VVVVVV is probably one of the only game I've beaten, I dunno, I had too much dedication at the time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

VVVVVV was awesome. I played the mobile version, it's challenging and frustrating but definitely worth it. Loads of fun it is.

Snektron

After weeks of not knowing what VVVVVV is, i finally googled it and played the demo for a bit :P
looks fun though :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

If you want the full game and the mobile version you can get the humble bundle for $1 and above. You also donate to charities like eef and red cross.

Edit. Sorry for sort of advertising.

Snektron

Nah, i don't really play games on my phone. It looks good but i don't really see myself playing it

CKH4

Yeah, I understand. Its a very tough game and I've already put like three hours towards it.

novenary

Is the mobile version any different from the computer version ?

CKH4

I think so but its definitely very similar.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 29, 2015, 11:30:04 AM
Nah, i don't really play games on my phone. It looks good but i don't really see myself playing it
Yeah the issue with phones is the lack of an physical gamepad. I once bought Secret of Mana on iOS back when I had a  working iPod Touch and regretted it. It's next to impossible to control stuff with a touchpad for games designed for physical gamepads.

novenary

Yeah that's annoying. That's why I play emus on my tablet with a gamepad. :P

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 30, 2015, 11:29:07 AM
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 29, 2015, 11:30:04 AM
Yeah the issue with phones is the lack of an physical gamepad. I once bought Secret of Mana on iOS back when I had a  working iPod Touch and regretted it. It's next to impossible to control stuff with a touchpad for games designed for physical gamepads.
Well, a good input system for a phone is certainly possible, but some games make it so bad it just isn't playable anymore. Like this game i downloaded where
the player would follow your finger. Ended up in the player being under your finder all the time and you weren't able to see what you were doing

on a side note: whoop whoop 900th post