Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

So my total haul from the summer sale: How to Survive 2, AoE II HD, UT  2004, Broforce, ans something else I can't remenber  :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

How many of those are physical copies, though? That doesn't count otherwise. :trollface:

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Dream of Omnimaga

Now I got Natural Doctrine for the PS4. I saw many games that interested me, but I wanted to go for the very cheap stuff since my game budget is limited nowadays. But for some reasons I was sure this game was for the 360 and/or PS3, not the PS4. ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Got some Gamecube games for a pretty good deal !

I got Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance for 15€, even though it's more than 70€ online...
Baten Kaitos is not that rare on the other hand but i got it for 15€ too so it's not too bad.
Same price for Panzer Dragoon Saga, i wanted that game for a long time. (just like Fire Emblem)

Where i got them ?
At a video game shop where i live.
This guy seriously had some gems, like Eternal Darkness, Pokemon XD among others...
Sadly, when i wanted to buy Pokemon XD, he was not fooled and asked me 25€...
Which is still a pretty good price considering how much it goes for these days.

I may go back again to buy Eternal Darkness, i'm sure he will sell it to me for 15€.

EDIT: I honestly thought he had the Suidoken games... Sadly, he did not. :p
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, congratulations on Fire Emblem! O.O I checked at the store in Quebec City the other day and it was $110 CAD. The Wii FE game is the same price and the original DS game is slowly getting there.

I also didn't know there was a Panzer Dragoon game on anything else than the Sega Saturn. As for Baten Kaitos I often see it over $50, so it's a very nice find too. My bro got a copy over a decade ago. And yes, Pokémon XD is very expensive and I bet most Pokémon games will go even higher in prices now with the Pokémon Go craze.

On a side note, I was considering getting rid of my PSVita and PSP in the future. I will keep the games, but I got tired of constantly monitoring the console battery levels every week to ensure they won't reach 0% (I often forget). I'm 100% sure my 2nd PSP battery has now gone bad, since those old batteries often expand when recharged after being at 0% for months. I don't know if the PSVita has the same problem, but I think both consoles would be better off under the hands of people that will use them more regularly. I will keep the 3DS of course, because it keeps its charge intact even if unused for 2 years. Besides, I bought a Sega Saturn game once, despite not having the console. :P

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 23, 2016, 04:16:35 AM
Wow, congratulations on Fire Emblem! O.O I checked at the store in Quebec City the other day and it was $110 CAD. The Wii FE game is the same price and the original DS game is slowly getting there.
Thanks DJ ! Yeah, it was almost unbelievable to see it here for almost nothing.
It however makes me sad how expensive FE games got...
Thank you Joueur du Grenier and AVGN... NOT
110$ is just a crazy price for a game, no matter how you love the game.
My next goal is to get the Wii sequel for cheap, i badly want to f*** Micaiah !

QuoteMy bro got a copy over a decade ago.
Your brother must have gotten it for cheap because in the states, it is very cheap unlike the PAL version.
Something that always cracks me up about the Baiten Kaitos's cover is how it looks like a Harry Potter cover.
Oh, and it comes with 2 CDs, i didn't know that.

QuoteAnd yes, Pokémon XD is very expensive and I bet most Pokémon games will go even higher in prices now with the Pokémon Go craze.
This makes me regret selling my copy of Pokémon XD i bought back in the day when it was released.
It received rave reviews at the time but i personally loved it, even though it is very linear.
I also gave it the title for Most Edgy Pokémon game. (followed up by that Pokemon ranger game where everyone dies on the ship)

On a side note, I was considering getting rid of my PSVita and PSP in the future. I will keep the games, but I got tired of constantly monitoring the console battery levels every week to ensure they won't reach 0% (I often forget). I'm 100% sure my 2nd PSP battery has now gone bad, since those old batteries often expand when recharged after being at 0% for months. I don't know if the PSVita has the same problem, but I think both consoles would be better off under the hands of people that will use them more regularly. I will keep the 3DS of course, because it keeps its charge intact even if unused for 2 years. Besides, I bought a Sega Saturn game once, despite not having the console. :P
Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, i own a PSP myself and it does not last long, sadly.
Before you sell your PSP, it might be a good idea to backup your PSP games with a custom firmware on your PSP.
That way, you can keep copies your game and still play them on your computer thanks to PPSSPP.
I must say that i enjoyed games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Valkyria Chronicles 2, that Final Fantasy 2 remake i bought in Quebec...

QuoteBesides, I bought a Sega Saturn game once, despite not having the console
And i bought Panzer Dragoon Saga, even though my 360 is broken and the PAL copy is known to crash at level 6 on the 360. :p

Dream of Omnimaga

Apparently in North America it's because at first, FE was very unpopular, but when the 3DS games came out, FE popularity skyrocketed and then people went to buy the older games. And FE games used to be in small print runs on home consoles.

By the way, how much does Xenoblade for the Wii cost in Europe @gameblabla ? I heard it was much cheaper than in North America, because in NA they initially refused to release it and we finally got a limited run in 2012, thanks to the Operation Rainfall campaign. Xenoblade used to cost $150 on Ebay used, although the prices went down to around the same price of a new release nowadays.

As for Baten Kaitos I never saw a copy under $50 in Canada in the last 5 years. I think my bro got it for $30, though.

Regarding Pokémon XD, I think one reason why it costs more than other Pokémon games overall is because it's one of the only console Pokémon game that's an actual RPG rather than an arena tournament/battle game. So if someone wants a Pokémon RPG that is not on a pocket handheld then they only have two options. But I bet it will cost $100 in the future. I didn't buy it in the past because I didn't have the money.

Also I didn't know you ever went to Quebec O.O. If you ever want to meet up IRL (although I think you want to remain anonymous, seeing how you use Tor?) let me know (I just saw PatrickD IRL last weekend). :3=

gameblabla

QuoteApparently in North America it's because at first, FE was very unpopular, but when the 3DS games came out, FE popularity skyrocketed and then people went to buy the older games. And FE games used to be in small print runs on home consoles.
ah, it does look like it is that but this still does not explain the European prices...
I remember that Wii Fire Emblem used to go for very cheap but now, it is super expensive...
I was a fire emblem fan before it became cool and now we are paying the price. (literally)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 23, 2016, 04:52:40 AM
By the way, how much does Xenoblade for the Wii cost in Europe @gameblabla ? I heard it was much cheaper than in North America, because in NA they initially refused to release it and we finally got a limited run in 2012, thanks to the Operation Rainfall campaign. Xenoblade used to cost $150 on Ebay used, although the prices went down to around the same price of a new release nowadays.
Xenoblade, along with Pandora's Tower and the Last Story, used to go for around 20€.
A year after however, the prices severely increased due to Operation Rainfall, which brought more attention to the games.
The PAL version is cheaper than the American version though. (around 50€)

Guys, if you want to make tons of money on a game, buy Xenoblade Chronicles now !
It was released in very limited quantites and i suspect it will be worth hundreds of dollars in years to come.

QuoteAs for Baten Kaitos I never saw a copy under $50 in Canada in the last 5 years. I think my bro got it for $30, though.
There's actually two Baten Kaitos games : Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (the one i got) and Baten Kaitos Origins.
If your brother got Baten Kaitos Origins, he's one lucky bastard because it is even more expensive than Eternal Wings.
(not to mention, never released in Europe...)

QuoteAlso I didn't know you ever went to Quebec O.O. If you ever want to meet up IRL (although I think you want to remain anonymous, seeing how you use Tor?) let me know (I just saw PatrickD IRL last weekend). :3=
Yup, went to Quebec several times, it used to be a second home in the early 2000's.
I was almost going to live there but several circumstances prevented that from happening, sadly.
I will let you know if i ever go to Quebec again. (not likely)

Dream of Omnimaga

Typically, GCN and Wii JRPGs were released in larger print runs in Europe than North America. For some reasons it seems Nintendo didn't like North American JRPG fans after they ended their affiliation with Square and Enix by making the N64 cartridge-based instead of CD-based.

Also I didn't notice this was a different Baten Kaitos game lol. Actually it's Origins that my bro has.

As for Xenoblade, it probably depends I guess. There are many rare PS2 JRPGs that are still under $20 nowadays and actually going down in price unless it's the .Hack series. But again, maybe the PS2 is just not a console that attracts collectors.

As for Quebec, I hope you change your mind, but I can understand that traveling can be difficult (money and time-wise, which is why I never traveled further than Ottawa and only went to Montreal twice) and also life in North America is very different than Europe and can be hard to get used to, especially in USA.

gameblabla

Went back to the same old dude and i finally got Pokémon XD for 20€, not bad !
Rather than write a long ass post here, i have decided to write about it on my website :
https://blog.gameblabla.nl/my-gamecube-games/
(Yeah, i used to have more GC games but i only got 3 of them for now)

I will cover my Wii games next !

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice price you got. :O

Also I wanted to make a list of my games at some point but I gave up because there are too many and they're in a different room than this PC.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yesterday I grabbed a copy of Kirby Dream Land for the Game Boy and Air Sea Battle for the Atari 2600.

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 04, 2016, 09:46:27 PM
Yesterday I grabbed a copy of Kirby Dream Land for the Game Boy and Air Sea Battle for the Atari 2600.
Ah, Kirby Dream Land !
Really short but what a great game.
Cant really speak for Air Sea Battle though, what's your reason for getting it ?

As for myself, i got Paper Mario (without the manual) for 15€.
I also got Viewtiful Joe for free but unfortunely, it has some really deep scratches.
That makes me wish i had an RTI to repair it or something.

Dream of Omnimaga

I got Air Sea Battle because it was only $5 and from videos I saw it didn't seem bad for an Atari game.

And nice find and at low price too. I got my copy of Paper Mario (just the cartridge) for $35 CAD a few years ago and it was only because when the previous customer traded in his copy, it was in terrible condition (even inside the cartridge). As a result, the trade-in value was extremely low and when the shop manager resold it to me after cleaning it, he charged me $35 instead of $60 or so.

Dream of Omnimaga