Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Post your game purchases and collection!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, November 24, 2014, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 08, 2015, 08:49:39 AM
Looks like a fun game :D
Also i never really got the whole FIFA thing. I mean isn't it the same gameplay with more players and better graphics?
Though i never played it, so i don't really know. Never been into football/soccer games anyway
It depends. When FIFA sells poorly on a console, then they just re-release last year's game under a new name, but with updated players and rosters. Otherwise, they release a new game, sometimes using the same engine, but often with many improvements.

And yeah same. The only reason I got FIFA 14 PS2 is because this particular version is an ultra-rare collectible.
Quote from: CKH4 on May 08, 2015, 06:43:55 PM
So recently I got farsky and some other stuff. Anyway I like attack on titan and I've been watching this for a while and it looks good so: http://www.indiedb.com/games/guedinaot/news/guedin-aot-wip-07
That seems interesting. I'll have to check it out when it progresses more.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

I just grabbed League of Legends, Magicka: Wizard wars, and Dota 2! I still haven't tried Dota out, but so far Wizard wars is my favorite.

Also, Unreal Turnament 2004 is on salefor 2.50 dollars! I mightget that too. (I know I spelled it wrong, on my kindle with no spell check.)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Finished BL 1 first playthorugh (Roland 36), Pre-Sequel first and second playthrough (Wilhem 50) and going throught a BL 2 first playthrough with a lv 12 Krieg. Yeah, I've been busy.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

So I recently bought like 8 games from the humble sale. I got:
The swapper
Shelter
Universe Simulator
Strike suit zero
Mountain
Orborun
Fist of Awesome
Super Hexagon
Skyrim (actually a while ago)
And Besiege again for the DRM-Free

Also nice Eiyeron but I've never heard of those.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

What game genres are they (other than Super Hexagon and Skyrim)?

Also Unicorn I need to try LoL at one point. Many Starcraft 2 players switched to it back then. UT2004 for $2.50 seems interesting. I might check that out actually, but I don't play FPSes as much nowadays.

Eiyeron I bought Borderlands around when it came out on the 360 in 2010 or so, but I traded it in after less than a month because I got bored. I don't know if Borderlands 2 and pre-sequel fixes that, but in Borderlands 1, the game went on like this:

Lbl 1
Talk to NPC to get a quest
Go find the item the NPC asked you to bring him back in the said quest
Give the item to the NPC
Goto 1

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

They're all indie I think.
Shelter - badger survival simulator
Mountain - mountain simulator
Strike suit zero - mecha
Universe simulator - physics and stuff
Fist of awesome - 2d bear punching side scroller (?)
Orborun - runner but you can either run or roll, possible problem solving
The swapper - 2d control multiple players at same time problem solver

Dream of Omnimaga

OK thanks. The game genres (eg RPG, JRPG, side-scrolling, etc) was what I was wondering.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 25, 2015, 11:39:41 PM
Lbl 1
Give the item to the NPC
Goto 1

The second game is more varied and the pre-sequel is shorter and less original. If the first game had a slow rythm, the second is actually funnier to play and better balanced (it'll avoid getting an item at lv 10 and keeping it up to the final boss because it's over OP).  But the main core is there : RPG quest/sidequest system.

Unicorn

Abother fun game, I don't have it, is how 2 survive. Its a zombie takeover game where you crash on these islands with zombies everywhere. Its actully pretty realistic.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CKH4

Zombie island realism > real life realism :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on May 26, 2015, 01:00:29 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 25, 2015, 11:39:41 PM
Lbl 1
Give the item to the NPC
Goto 1

The second game is more varied and the pre-sequel is shorter and less original. If the first game had a slow rythm, the second is actually funnier to play and better balanced (it'll avoid getting an item at lv 10 and keeping it up to the final boss because it's over OP).  But the main core is there : RPG quest/sidequest system.
The level requirement for items in those RPGs is another thing I don't like from western RPGs. I prefer the old JRPG ways of allowing excalibur to be equipped to a LV 1 or 99 character as you see fit, which gave more freedom to the player about the style of play he wanted to use, plus most powerful weapons could only be obtained late in the game anyway. Sometimes, higher level classes were required to equip some higher power weapons, but at least you didn't end up with 10 swords in your inventory that you cannot use until 20 hours later in the game and ending up having to sell them for $1 and never able to get them back afterward.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok so a little roundup of my recent game purchases:

-Cross Edge for PS3 (to my surprise, the PS3 had JRPGs in 2008! Yes, with the old PS3 logo that uses the fonts from Spider-Man movies)
-Cobra Command for NES (in box, but no manual nor plastic sleeve)
-Rune Factory PS3
-Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for Game Cube. To my surprise, it was only $30. I guess Gamecube games dropped in price recently because they also had Tales of Symphonia for the same price and both those games used to sell for $50 minimum and that was when the Canadian dollar was worth $0.95 USD.

Dream of Omnimaga

Update, just went to Quebec City downtown (the semi-shady part of the town) and visited two thrift shops and the retro gaming one to buy the following:

-Double Dragon II NES
-Mystery Quest NES (boxed)
-Clay Fighter 63 1/3 N64 (boxed)
-Strider Sega Genesis (boxed)

Unicorn

Well Age of Empires 2 HD is on sle from steam for 6.79. I am hopefully going to get it! And maybe even the expansion pack for a total of 8 something dollars!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

For info, that's basically AoE II + The Conquerors expansion, but supporting other resolutions than 800*600, 1024*768 and 1280*1024. Yay! :D