Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your Minecraft creations (world screenshots)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 25, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Yeah, you could join us though. I need to move the server to another machine than my pc to have better uptime.

Ivoah

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 22, 2015, 07:21:06 PM
Yeah, you could join us though. I need to move the server to another machine than my pc to have better uptime.

I'd love to join. I don't know how often I'd be able to play though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

annoyingcalc

novenary

The list is there : http://codewalr.us/771/24268
Cumred sent me a list of other mods, gonna look into it. It's only going to open to a wider audience if we can get a host though. It's like $6 a month for a pretty good hosting plan. I have no means of paying online though so someone else would have to volunteer, or we could use CW donations. Either way, let's move conversation to that thread, it's not really about creations.

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it possible to add new mobs or replace their skins for everyone on the server (without requiring the user to install custom skins)? A friendly Walrii mob would be cool :walrii: (like in tr1p1ea's Minecraft clone)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 27, 2015, 04:47:31 AM
Is it possible to add new mobs or replace their skins for everyone on the server (without requiring the user to install custom skins)? A friendly Walrii mob would be cool :walrii: (like in tr1p1ea's Minecraft clone)
You can't create new mobs, but you can reskin them as servers can supply their own resource pack. (Assuming that by "without requiring the user to install custom skins" you mean that users don't require to install them manually)
Quote from: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Resource_packA default resource pack can also be set on a server by changing adding a link to a .zip file download after the line resource-pack= in the server properties file. Users can still opt out of using the resource pack or choose not to download it though

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, and I don't really know how, you can create custom model for blocks (and maybe entities, not sure).
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I meant not having to force users to install skins manually.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 28, 2015, 04:31:40 AM
Yeah I meant not having to force users to install skins manually.
Okay, then server resource packs should do the trick, as long as people have enabled it client-side, which should be enabled by default.
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok good. Maybe someone could do a custom :walrii: for Minecraft then :P

Otherwise, maybe someone could just replace some of the blocks with 2D Walrii.

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 28, 2015, 04:57:48 PM
Ok good. Maybe someone could do a custom :walrii: for Minecraft then :P

Otherwise, maybe someone could just replace some of the blocks with 2D Walrii.
Maybe transform the pig into one :P?
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work. But would there be a way to make it indestructible?

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 28, 2015, 08:51:10 PM
That could work. But would there be a way to make it indestructible?
Not really without nbt editors, but they should be everywhere and respawnable (by spawner if neccesary).
Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

That could be fine I guess. It would just be akward if someone went on a Walrii-killing rampage O.O

Strontium

I've been addicted to the mod Better Than Wolves lately, and have been playing on a server  called Quackers.

Outside of my house:

The red and white windmill was my main power source before I got far enough up the tech tree to get a water wheel. I still keep the windmill so people can find my base easier and for decoration.

First floor, from the entrance:

The gearbox labeled "makes all the things happen" used to have axles coming out of the top of it to connect to the windmill, but now it gets power from the waterwheel a floor below. The brick structure is my kiln, above a bunch of hibachis. The turntable with the block and torn (the turntable looks a bit like a piston here) is used to turn on and off the gearbox that controls the expansion and contraction of the bellows, which gets my fire hot enough to melt stuff in my crucible (the clay looking thing in front of the kiln) and to allow the cauldron to render items (the thing next to the cauldron).

Second floor, from the rope (pretty much a ladder, but 10x cooler):

This is where I farm all of my animals, and I also used to farm my plants here. The waterwheel connects to a saw to help butcher cows (more on that later), and transmits power up a floor higher to power all of my machinery. Behind the water wheel is an auto chicken farm, although it has no chickens in it right now.

Second floor, different angle:

Cow butcher:

Cows are really dangerous to try and butcher. If you hit them, the entire group will panic and kick, and they kick HARD. So, either I kill them with arrows, or I come up with another method. Here, I use a saw. I open up a fence, lead a cow in, and it gets killed by the saw. In Better Than Wolves, baby animals cannot jump higher than a half block, so I don't risk accidentally murdering babies.

Third floor, plant farms:

Plant farms. In Better Than Wolves, you cannot create new source blocks, so I brought down water from the previous floor to water my plants.

Third floor, more plant farm stuff:

Since I cannot create new source blocks, I use screw pumps to get the water to a higher elevation.

Fourth floor:

I use these to power the screw pumps.

Fourth floor, another angle:

• Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool stuff strontium and I also like those textures.

By the way, did you know that CW has a Minecraft server now? It isn't really modded, though, and is in creative mode. We also have an affiliate which runs a survival server called Bosaiknet (which CVSoft helps running)