Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Update to CodeWalrus server rules

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 09, 2018, 09:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Since gaming has taken more place among CodeWalrus members on Discord, this gives us opportunity to get back together and play Fortnite, Overwatch, OSU or whatever, and I would like in the future to encourage the use of our voice channels since it can be often an easier way to chat when language barrier is not too much of an issue.

However, I don't know if it started with Fortnite or if it's just a Fortnite-specific problem (and a reason why I am contemplating quitting that game), but in multiplayer games where we voice-chat, I have been running into more and more players who are so much in a hurry to play that just a 2 minutes bathroom break between games will make them rage at other teamates. And of course cheaters and toxic players which I don't need to get into details.

Because your life doesn't depend on a game, because we all start somewhere and because CodeWalrus wants to continue its now 4-years mission of encouraging friendship among members, here are the new rules that are being added:

In online multiplayer interactions between CodeWalrus members, the following will lead to an instant permanent ban from the entire CodeWalrus network (Discord, forums, Minecraft server, etc):
#11: Raging at other teamates for having inferior skills when matchmaking was clearly the issue
#12: Raging at other teamates because their bathroom break or other kind of pause between games took took long. We all have a life outside the game, you know, and your time isn't worth more than anyone else's time.
#13: Repeatedly inviting toxic members to CodeWalrus or gaming partys where at least one other CodeWalrus member is present.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U