Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Spaghetti Dungeon (Formerly Raiders)

Started by mazhat, May 06, 2017, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

As long as 10*8 doesn't mean the entire game now lasts only one screen then it's good :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: mazhat on May 18, 2017, 10:37:14 PM
Also sorry for misleading you guys. The description I made in the last post was a dramatised way to
say there's no borders to the map, so it reads everything in the user space instead (hope that's not a misnomer)!
Best post ever, +1

mazhat

Releasing a bitmap maker after school, so stay tuned.
It saves to "prgmBITMP".
  • Calculators owned: TI-83Plus, TI-84Plus
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

mazhat

@xlibman A full on bitmap maker :^)
A bitmap 96*64 pixels in area.

Instructions:
2nd - to draw pixel
Alpha - to clear pixel
MODE - to slow down
Enter - to SAVE AND QUIT
5 - on the numerical pad to quit (without saving!)
(Also, yes I know the number 5 is weird, but it's prevents accidents)

EXTRA INFO:
-The bitmap stores to hexadecimal in a prgm called "BITMP"

Notes:
-FOR MIRAGE OS AND TI-84+ ONLY
-The program was made in a day, so it's not optimised for speed or size.
-You can go outside the border, but don't.
-It doesn't use interrupts, it uses polling events.

Specs:
Program is ~9000 Bytes large.

Reason for creation:
Every other on-calc bitmap editor I've used SUCKS. I'm sorry for being so rude, but it's driving me crazy!
I hope you enjoy, and I'll be sure to update it if you find any problems, or if you want a custom feature.

UPDATE! WHOOPS WRONG FILE LOL. You 3 who downloaded it are not going to like what you see lol.

UPDATE 2: I accidentally uploaded an old file of the bitmap program! Here's another download.
>:^( It's just a week of frustration for me.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung TAB A (Cheap), DSI, Rasperry PI 3
Sketti

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I tend to prefer making my pictures on the PC now and convert them using converters, but an on-calc editor was always handy when I had limited computer access.

mazhat

Ah, Liberal Crime Squad.
"To some a dream come true, to others an offensive piece of crap."

Two gifs because one is TOO SLOW, UGH.

My two main projects are at a stand still because I can't make up my mind
on how the AI should work. So I present to you something a bit more simple than that:
A port for Liberal Crime Squad!

The features won't be 1:1 and this project will be done quickly because LCS doesn't
really have any content, the maps are tiny and the game play is mildly boring
at best. It's like the anti-Dwarf Fortress. I love it.

---------------------------------
Things already implemented:
Some maps.
Random encounter sub routine.
Some menu options (and debug options)
Conservative SCREEEEEEEEEEEch.

@xlibman Honestly, my bitmap editor serves little practical purpose, but it's great for people who want to make bitmaps on the go.
Cons: Takes too much space, tedious and precision drawing is impossible.
Pros: Portable, relatively intuitive.
Sketti

mazhat

Spoiler

>When the picture takes up more than 50% of the post.

Break and enter update!

Early Graphical Update
       -New tile set and tiles!
Inventory and Interactions
      -Things in your inventory now react, just bump into stuff!
      -Doors can be broken open with crowbars
      -You can talk to the landlord, but it just says "rent" and a place holder.
Misc
     -There's now stat modifiers.
      -> Implemented: Breaking the doors require Strength, and sneaking requires Charisma.
                 Heart - How liberal you are
                 Intelligence - How smart you are (Hacking, hot wiring cars and lock picking)
                 Wisdom - How conservative you are
                 Health - General health
                 Agility - HtH combat stuff.
                 Strength - The ability to destroy and HtH combat
                 Charisma - The ability to sneak away and recruit people.

Next up:
-Spray painting the walls, because that's fun!
-Implementing encounters.
-Base of operations and safe havens.
-Recruits
[close]
Sketti

mazhat

Now you can spray paint the walls.
Spray painting one wall gives you +1 juice. (Juice is the equivalent to exp.)
It's the lowest amount of juice you can obtain, and the most tedious.

Next up:
-Inventory management.
-Guns and ammo
-Implementing encounters.
-Base of operations and safe havens.
-Recruits
Sketti

mazhat

Necro-posting, I know.
I think you guys will like this, however.

It's Raiders, but ported to PC!
The maps are bigger, and development is sooooo much easier.
It's super inspired by Gateway to Legend and LOZ, (but you knew that because you have are my biggest fan ;)

I've learned OOP a while back so the code is pretty readable, and the game itself is data-oriented.
Spoiler

[close]
Sketti

mazhat

Path-finding update!
There's now path finding and stuff. It's sub-par but woks for a game of this style.

You can also make your own characters using a '.actor' file.

Sketti

123outerme

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the art style. The boomerang seems to act just like NES Legend of Zelda boomerang, and I like how parts of the map are obscured until you get closer! I can see a little of bit of my profile picture in that last screenshot ;) Are there any public beta builds yet? How much of this port have you done so far?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

mazhat

Thank you! I am stealing a bunch of stuff from other games I like.
My goal right now is to make an accessible Nethack-like game.
I would rather be making a turn-based roguelike, but I think this is more important (and somewhat unique).

>:] Haha, stolen_avatar.jpg

There is no public build, because I'm getting the engine ready (this game is pretty early in development).
So far all you can do is walk around and mess around with the NPC enemies.

Sketti

mazhat

Sketti

mazhat

I've got some Rogue [1980] level generation going on now!

Sketti