Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] ICE Compiler

Started by PT_, March 25, 2016, 08:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT_

I'm more than happy to finally officially announce ICE v2.0.0! It has been a long road to this version, because pretty much everything changed. I want to thank EVERYONE who has contributed to this long project, writing the documentation, and finding many bugs. I hope you all enjoy this new version, and if there's anything you want to be changed, feel free to poke or PM me! :D

ICE Compiler v2.0.0

PT_

Let me bump this issue, since adding floats is one of the first things on my to-do-list, but I've no idea how. Plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

https://github.com/PeterTillema/ICE/issues/34

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm late so I haven't checked the changes yet, but by "everything changed", do you mean the syntax changed to the point where my old code will not run? Or did you just add and improve a lot of stuff?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

PT_

Quote from: xlibman on December 06, 2017, 10:21:41 PM
I'm late so I haven't checked the changes yet, but by "everything changed", do you mean the syntax changed to the point where my old code will not run? Or did you just add and improve a lot of stuff?
I'm sure your previous source isn't valid anymore, but I'm not sure. At least the compiled size will be smaller with ICE v2.0.

PT_

Coming soon: a new release, with many bugfixes, new features and improved behind-the-scenes things:

:)

PT_

Running a program after compiling works too :D

PT_

Woo, a brand new version is out! v2.1.0 fixes many bugs, and adds some new, interesting features that can be used a lot. Take a look at the changelog.txt what is all changed. Have fun! :)

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1481

PT_

In case you wasn't aware yet, I've started with developing ICE v3.0. This major update will include floats, matrices and much more! It also includes a more powerful prescanner (i.e. more optimized code) and more auto-optimization. I also hope to make it more stable, and maybe more options to auto-archive programs when compiling etc. Follow the Github repo for all the things I added. Stay tuned! :)

Zeda

Does ICE have float support? I know it has been in the works, but just curious about the status.

PT_

Quote from: Zeda on June 25, 2018, 11:54:47 PM
Does ICE have float support? I know it has been in the works, but just curious about the status.
Not yet. I'm kinda busy with ICE v3.0 which will add floats, matrices and what more. I just need to have less other things to do in my life :P

PT_

If you still didn't know this: I'm very busy creating an ICE debugger! With this nifty program (or in fact, appvar), you can step through your code, view and edit variables, view/edit memory, view all the information about opened slots, view the screen and buffer, and jump instantly to labels!

Some screenshots:

PT_

The most important part of the debugger is pretty much ready: stepping through code! It was quite some work, but after all not very hard:

Huge thanks to Runer112 for helping with setting breakpoints and a breakpoint handler!

PT_

I've updated the documentation! Everything can be found on the Github Wiki, and everything will be converted into a single HTML documentation, replacing the old pdf file. Check it out, I'd love to hear feedback! :)

Download ICE Compiler