Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Claw development system, a multiplatform programming platform [multiplatform]

Started by DarkestEx, May 07, 2016, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 30, 2016, 07:48:18 AM
Nice. I wish you good luck. Which commands will be included before your vacations?
Well the assembler is really easy to finish. I could basically implement all commands before I go, but I am fighting some nasty bugs currently so I don't think I will make it work before I go on vacation, though I will take my laptop with me and work some more on it whenever I find time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck then and I wish you fun during your vacations. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 31, 2016, 04:11:40 PM
Good luck then and I wish you fun during your vacations. :)

So I found a bug that bothered me for a few days now and fixed the tokenizer in the assembler.
I am also looking into changing Claw to support 8 bit platforms.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

What was the bug and which 8-bits platforms do you mean?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 05, 2016, 03:57:01 PM
What was the bug and which 8-bits platforms do you mean?
The bug was the tokenizer not recognizing the negative sign and overwriting it instead of adding it to numbers. I also fixed another bug that prevented mathematical expressions from being evaluated correctly.

With 8-bit platforms I mean support for platforms that are truly 8 bit based and which do not have acceleration for 16-bit but still basically support it (comp, add, sub, support).

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, I hope that Claw uses the same sign for negative and substractions, because in TI-BASIC editors on the PC it's annoying when you type - by habit, only to get a Syntax error on the calc because you had to use the other minus sign.

And thanks for the info about 8-bit platforms. I was wondering if that meant the NES, Sega Master System, MSX, Commodore 64 or such platforms would eventually run Claw.

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 05, 2016, 09:48:05 PM
On a side note, I hope that Claw uses the same sign for negative and substractions, because in TI-BASIC editors on the PC it's annoying when you type - by habit, only to get a Syntax error on the calc because you had to use the other minus sign.

And thanks for the info about 8-bit platforms. I was wondering if that meant the NES, Sega Master System, MSX, Commodore 64 or such platforms would eventually run Claw.
First, of course BUT there is a limitation. Negative numbers have to be put in parantheses if they are not the first number in an equation. Just as you know from mathematics.

And yes, I mean these type of platform too to some extent.
But mainly the AVR processor architecture and possibly 6502 and z80.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Yeah my main issue was having to access a special menu or utility just to be able to insert the special minus symbol in my code every single time I needed it.

And I see. I am curious about how well old-school platforms could handle vector graphics, though...

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 06, 2016, 07:02:40 AM
Ah ok. Yeah my main issue was having to access a special menu or utility just to be able to insert the special minus symbol in my code every single time I needed it.

And I see. I am curious about how well old-school platforms could handle vector graphics, though...
If you ask me, quite well actually. Given that one of the first actual game consoles with a 1 MHz CPU actually just used them and also given that I basically just lines and circles, it shouldn't be to bad.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I was wondering, because on Mac computers in college (Cubes) Adobe Illustrator seemed to lag like mad as soon as something becomes remotely complex. If vectors lagged a 450 MHz computer this much, imagine how bad it will be on a 15 MHz calculator. But again, maybe that was because we worked a lot with bezier curves and other effects.

Yuki

Eh, theorically, vectors shouldn't lag that much on anything, even Bézier curves if you do it right. If you add some fancy stuff, then yeah it might lag.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Here we go for the first test release of Claw Assembler:
http://claw.muessigb.net/dl/clawsemble-16_aug_08-a.zip

Please download and test it, by opening a terminal and typing:
either:
mono ./csm.exe ./Sample01.csm
or on Windows:
csm .\Sample01.csm

Try messing with the #err lines and the #def lines and their equations.

I would be glad if someone broke the arithmetic part so that I can make it even more rock solid ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice to see a release. I'll see if I can find some time to mess around with it later :)

Also I like your signature :P (I think the Claw logo should be a little darker, though, so it's easier to see on light backgrounds)

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 08, 2016, 07:19:26 AM
Nice to see a release. I'll see if I can find some time to mess around with it later :)

Also I like your signature :P (I think the Claw logo should be a little darker, though, so it's easier to see on light backgrounds)

I changed the logo's color to black. Does it work better now?

Dream of Omnimaga