Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Scary secret codes in Android

Started by DarkestEx, December 09, 2015, 08:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_g

Quote from: alexgt on December 17, 2015, 05:12:44 PM
I don't know, may be it is meant as a joke :-\
In that case, the should make a rickroll code :P

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p4nix on December 09, 2015, 05:21:10 PM
I wonder about people buying a new phone each year. But well, maybe I'm just a communist :P
For Apple, some people just love them so much that they want to have the latest iPhone to look in. For others, I think it has to do with mobile carriers offering stuff like $0 phone if you subscribe to certain mobile plans, because a phone alone costs more than a laptop or desktop.
Quote from: p4nix on December 17, 2015, 05:15:49 PM
Well, as I told, Sony had a code for a menu which helped people repairing broken phones. So I guess it's kind of that reason. On the other hand, not protecting this at all with a confirmation is a little bit strange too.

Oh and guys, please be nice and don't do such pranks. It doesn't makes you cool, it makes you immature :P Being destructive is only cool if you don't harm anyone else then yourself. Such data loss can be really nasty, and you don't want that happen to yourself, do you?
Yeah the lack of confirmation is what concerns me. It was definitively not meant for public use, unless they were stupid enough to offer such feature without a confirmation screen, especially considering it could at one point be used as an exploit on websites.

Quote from: p4nix on December 17, 2015, 05:15:49 PM
Well, as I told, Sony had a code for a menu which helped people repairing broken phones. So I guess it's kind of that reason. On the other hand, not protecting this at all with a confirmation is a little bit strange too.

Oh and guys, please be nice and don't do such pranks. It doesn't makes you cool, it makes you immature :P Being destructive is only cool if you don't harm anyone else then yourself. Such data loss can be really nasty, and you don't want that happen to yourself, do you?
I agree. THose pranks are not prank. They're vandalism. Imagine if a "friend" used your computer then reformated it without your consent. Same thing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U