Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[calcs] Illusiat Domain Error

Started by Excelseo, November 21, 2015, 03:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excelseo

So, I've recently een hoping to get into graphing calculator game design, and I figured I'd start out by checking out the classics- namely, the original Illusiat.
I downloaded the game generally without incident, storing the two files of the english version in my RAM, and clearing out 10 KB of space. However, after entering my name, I am presented with a domain error. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya @Excelseo and welcome to the world of TI calculators (and as it turns out, walruses :walrii: ). Could you tell me where you downloaded the game? Also could you tell me which name you entered in the field? I don't recall any character names crashing the game, but it's possible that the file is corrupted, since I am unable to reproduce the error. If you have Doors CS 7 installed, when you get the Domain error you could select Goto then tell me which line of code the program scrolls at (the code is locked but I think DCS7 can open it).

Also, which calculator do you have and what OS version is on it?

Also if you are seeking for classics among the Illusiat series, I would recommend starting at Illusiat 6 instead of 1, because the first ones are much lower in quality due to lack of a proper RPG engine. :P But you can try them all anyway if you want. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Excelseo

Thank you very much for the help, but after a Reset, the problem seems to have solved itself. I apologize for not trying that earlier. Despite the occasional bug, the game now works fine!

Dream of Omnimaga

I forgot to suggest a reset actually. My bad. I figured that this might have been one of the first set of games you have tried. But ASM programs can sometimes cause such issues. By the way, back up often, especially if you learn programming one day. A RAM clear can erase most of your saves and code.

Glad the game is working by the way :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 21, 2015, 05:04:06 AM
Heya @Excelseo and welcome to the world of TI calculators (and as it turns out, walruses :walrii: ). Could you tell me where you downloaded the game? Also could you tell me which name you entered in the field? I don't recall any character names crashing the game, but it's possible that the file is corrupted, since I am unable to reproduce the error. If you have Doors CS 7 installed, when you get the Domain error you could select Goto then tell me which line of code the program scrolls at (the code is locked but I think DCS7 can open it).

Also, which calculator do you have and what OS version is on it?

Also if you are seeking for classics among the Illusiat series, I would recommend starting at Illusiat 6 instead of 1, because the first ones are much lower in quality due to lack of a proper RPG engine. :P But you can try them all anyway if you want. :)
I tried playing the 6th one, and I was too lazy to figure out how to get past the first area.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Were you just lost or did you just lose the game?

The dungeons are kinda like mazes and in Illusiat 6 they are particularly large, because each dungeon takes an entire picture, unlike later Illusiat games where there are 3-4 dungeons per picture.

The exit from that part of the forest is located to the Southwest, if that helps.

SiphonicSugar

I was just lost, and too lazy to figure out where to go.  :-|
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see. I guess I should post some large maps at one point, like I did with Illusiat 13. But it might take ages since dungeons are so huge.

The game is pretty self-explanatory, though, because in each dungeon there is no switch, no treasure chest nor any NPC. ALl you have to do is reach the end and find the boss. It's just a matter of not getting lost (although getting lost is more common in Illusiat 11 and First Fantasy than anything else)