Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Happy new year/birthday/POTY 2016!

Started by Yuki, January 01, 2016, 07:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Well, it's 2016 now, hope you guys had a good 2015! Thinking of that, it's been our first full year, as CodeWalrus officially opened to the public on January 1st, 2015, and quite a lot of stuff happened since then. Good stuff, bad stuff, well this is what shaped our beloved new forum through the year.

Speaking of which, the Program of the Year (POTY) results for the year 2015 just came out on ticalc.org, celebrating the best programs of 2015, and some of them come from here at CodeWalrus. I'd like to congratulate, among others, @matrefeytontias, @DJ Omnimaga and @MateoConLechuga for their wins on their hard work!

Well, these three programs wins the four prizes in the Z80 section, note that Mateo's Portal wasn't developed here, but gets a mention as he's getting slightly active here and some of his other projects such as CEmu gets a good discussion here. And he won in two slightly different categories, which is not nothing. Matref's and DJ's are also fantastic as well, we had many fantastic contributions in the POTY this year, so, again, congratulations to all of you! Anyway, not bad for a first year of operation :P

On behalf of the entire CodeWalrus staff (which changed quite a lot through the year), I want to wish you a good and happy 2016, full of interesting and fun projects!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Congrats to all the winners and a happy new year to everyone! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DarkestEx

• Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

kegwaan

Happy new year to everyone  ;D
Also I think it's kind of funny Portal Returns won both CSE assembly and CE assembly.
I guess it could have something to do with most of the CE games being ports of CSE games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

princetonlion.tibd

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

semiprocoder

Happy new year!
If ldstudios had released portal for the nspire it would have also won. :P
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Unicorn

Happy new year, and congrats to the winners! I've been here a whole year now....
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p4nix

Please delete this, I accidently doubleposted...
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

p4nix

Happy New Year to everyone, may your wishes for 2016 become truth :P
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

Happy new year everyone and congrats to other POTY winners and people who made ticalc front page!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

matrefeytontias

Happy new year to all of yall o/

And what, Axagon is POTY ? Dayum :o
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Max Leiter

Congrats to all and happy new year! Axagon looks awesome; I haven't seen it before. Can't wait to try it out :)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U