Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE]CE Textlib Rectangle Maker v0.01

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 27, 2016, 03:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

DESCRIPTION
This program is very simple: It lets you find coordinates, dimensions and color codes for your CE Textlib rectangles. Because of how CE Textlib works when used in such hackish ways, the coordinates can get very weird so this program can be handy as a reference.

You need CE Textlib to run it, which can be found at  http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/465/46522.html

CONTROLS
+ - * /: Resize
2nd ALPHA: Change color
CLEAR: Exit (this returns the coordinates and list that can be used with CE Textlib.
F1-F5: Change speed
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Haha, I find this somewhat humorous that a program has a tool to make things for itself :P Anywho, very nice! I see that it stores it in a list at the end, which definitely is helpful for recalling. I'm not too familiar with TextLib, but it looks like it has some pretty neat features.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah lol, actually this program was more to find coordinates, though, because with CE Textlib coordinates gets really weird when used in such way. :P

Textlib lets you draw 12x20 rectangles (or larger, in multiples of 12x20) on the home screen and it lets you use colored text, as demonstrated in First Fantacy CE, but it lacks any error checks so it can be abused like mad to do more advanced stuff (surprisingly with no stability issue, although I only really messed around with the rectangle command).

For sprites I recommend using Sprites v2 instead (or xLIBCE when it comes out) because it's much easier to use, but I wanted to make a few CE Textlib games with sprites just for kicks.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Can you store your rectangles so that you don't have to use Textlib commands in programs?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Nope you can't. You have to redraw them with CE Textlib commands everytime. But you can always make a TI-BASIC+CE Textlib routine in your program to automate the process and draw them from data.