Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] First Fantasy: Mana Force release [TI-84+CSE]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 08, 2015, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

After several weeks of development, First Fantasy: Mana Force is finally complete! You can download it here: First Fantasy: Mana Force. If you used version 1.0, then delete prgmMFSB, MFSB2, MFSB3, MFCH and MFBM, because all sub-programs were renamed to shorter names in 1.0.1.

First Fantasy is one of the first RPG ever released for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and the first ever one for the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE! The CSE version uses Doors CSE 8.1 libraries to enhance TI-BASIC language, while the CE version uses CE Textlib and a custom font. This very loose remake of Mana Force for the 83+ brings enhanced graphics, new magic spells and enemies, new cutscenes, expanded storyline and many new challenges. There are 16 magic spells available, 7 character classes, 49 monsters and several hours of gameplay. If you are a fan of Square-Enix Japanese role-playing games such as Final Fantasy, then you should try it!

If you aren't convinced yet, there is an outdated video on Youtube showing the CSE game in action (the CE version looks similar, but misses the HUD and has fewer colors), as well as the project sub-forum, which has a very large screenshot thread showing the evolution of the game.

Enjoy one of the first JRPG for TI's color Z80 and eZ80 calculator models and my first major RPG release since 2008! :D

First Fantasy: Mana Force discussion forum

Download:
https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/463/46383.html
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=185757
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

tr1p1ea

Sweet!

Wonderful work DJ!

Downloading immediately.

Dream of Omnimaga

Just beware, it's pretty hard compared to the original (especially that the original was designed for the entry-level RPG player just like Mystic Quest on the SNES). :P While enemies take much less time to be defeated, they also cause more damage, so keep an eye on your HP. ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I need COMPUTER. now.

EDIT: I am now on a computer... That collage is a amAzInG!

O.O I would never ignore the readme!

EDIT 2: -No walruses were harmed during the making of this game.  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

There are people who read readmes? O.O

Joking aside, thanks lol. I did a collage in a similar fashion as how me and Hitoshi released our respective RPGs back in the days. The ticalc page will have animated screenshots but I kinda like making those montages too :P

Snektron

Amazing! Good work Dj :D
Too bad i don't have a CSE <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2015, 04:34:51 AM
There are people who read readmes? O.O

Yeah, since I'm a kid I loved to read the instrction handbook or Readme. I usually like to give them a pretty formatting to appeal the reader.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Snektron

Real men don't use handbooks and readme's!

They look it up on the internet
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on April 08, 2015, 01:08:09 PM
Real men don't use handbooks and readme's!

They look it up on the internet

And what the Internet replies to real men : RTFM. And end of offtopic, please.

Dream of Omnimaga

That said, regarding the readme, I might need to update it later to specify that to quit the game, you must press ON. :P

123outerme

Nice! Looking forward to downloading and playing, as I just saw this.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

DJ, can't you do an update to add a "when I press CLear I quit"?

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean making Clear quit the game?

EDIT: Also file was updated, fixing memory problems, but remove old files from your calc before re-installing (keep your save files of course!)

Unicorn

Yess! I was having trouble with that ALL DAY... :)

Save files are the lists right?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2015, 09:25:33 PM
Do you mean making Clear quit the game?
Yes, that was I meant
EDIT: Also file was updated, fixing memory problems, but remove old files from your calc before re-installing (keep your save files of course!)

Neat, memory leaks are the nasty one, aren't they? Ti porgramming system seems unstable with memory too.