Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

My odd dream on Christmas

Started by gameblabla, December 26, 2016, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

I thought i might tell you what little i remember of my dream i had yesterday but here it is :

It's very cloudy and we're in a prairie. There's a small hill with a fairly small house on it.
I'm hiding behind bushes a bit far off that hill with an AK-47 and i see a man standing right there, waiting for someone.
The only thing i knew is that this man was known as the "L'homme de la rivière" or in english, the man of the river.
(He looks like an Hermit btw)
Despite being called like that, i was unable to see a river where he lives.

Then i see another man coming toward him. The man of the river seems to be happy to see him :
"Ah, it's you !", he said.
The unknown man really looks like Snake and he even has a similar voice, well except that he mainly talks in french here.
(i will just translate what they say though)
He looks like the snake from the 70s (Peace Walker) so i assume we're from that period.
"Good to see you, are you the man of the river ?", questions Snake.
"Yup, that's right", answers the man of the river.

They continue to talk each other but i couldn't remember what they said but i think Snake is looking for someone
and he thinks only he can know where that guy is.
But then i see what appears to be a tank not far from us, it was coming from behind the hill. (but it was not on the hill, just on the sides)

The tank looks a lot like the Tanks from the Tiananmen Square, this pict :

The only difference is that the end of the cannon was orange, it had an orange tip.
Why, i don't know but perhaps what comes after will make sense to you.

Since they were not able to see it for some reasons (they continued to talk), i get out of the bushes
and i warn Snake.
"Watch out, there's a Chinese Tank !", i shout.

They seem to be surprised by the Tank and they were able to see it.
"Get down !", shouts Snake.

Then for some reason, they hurry to a truck (a pickup actually) that i was not able to see before but it was not far off from them.
Snake took the driver's seat while the river's man took the passenger seat.
I quickly hurry to get inside of that truck as the tank is coming toward us. (i think it hurled some chinese insults at us i'm not sure)

We get the hell of that there and quickly, we get inside of a forest with indeed, a river alongside the road.
But that tank was fast, lol. That tank was running at 60km/h i think because it was able to catch us.
It was a straight line until we took a right turn, and the tank had no issues coming toward us.
"That tank is fast !", i remark.

Nobody answers because i could see Snake quite angry while driving and he was too focused on getting the hell out of here.

Then it becomes white and now, i'm at a gigantic school wth large open spaces.
Its ringings and we're all going to class. We were like 12-13 people and we went upstairs.
There was no chair, only a bed for the teacher to sit on.
Everybody else was sitting on the floor.
Oddly enough, my brothers were also present.

The teacher is telling us to open a book about the story of the man of the river.
Yes, we're talking about that guy again lol, i was just as surprised.
Since not everyone had a book, we had to share them.

We're at page 50 or something and that page was odd :
I could see a poney looking like Applejack and Haruhi Suzumiya singing a song about the man of the river together.
The song was on 2 entire pages.
The teacher asked one of my brother to read it.
Well except that instead of reading it, he was singing it.
The odd thing is that he was mimicking Applejack pretty well. (even though sometimes i could hear his manly's voice)
Then as we're on the second page, my other brother starts to sing in your typical anime girl voice.
They were all singing together the song (i couldn't remember the lyrics lol sorry) but the teacher was pretty unhappy.
"You were not supposed to sing it !", she says.

We leave class and she comes toward me :
"I'm impressed by your results, you know perfectly the story of the man of the river".
I don't remember doing anything in class but for some reason , i told her it was thanks to a video game called "River man" for the Playstation 1.
(the cover from what i was able to remember is a zoom-in cover of the peace walker one except it was written "River man" instead)
I told her it was part of the Metal Gear Solid series and that's how i was able to know the story, even though it was not a good replica.
She didn't seem to be interested in what i was talking about.
I told her we would see her later and we parted aways.

As soon as i'm getting out the school, the bus i was supposed to take was about to go.
"WAIT !", i shout.
Too late, as the driver got the hell of here as fast as he can.

"Merde (Damnit) !", i said.
I waited several seconds before another bus appeared and i was able to take it.

That's as far i was able to remember of my dream.
I think i recalled me playing "River man" and playing that mission with Snake where he's taking on the same chinese tank we saw earlier but that's it.

My dream is now posted for eternity, let me know what do you think of it.

Also, the tank did not even fire one shot, perhaps that's why it had an orange tip.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

gameblabla

I swear i did not made this up, you can't make this up anyway lol

Dream of Omnimaga

That was weird. At first it seemed like some dream of Chinese invasion or war thing until the ponies in the book came up :P. Thanks for sharing, though
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Thanks for reading DJ !
I told my dream to my mother and i wondered who is the man of the river and why he was so important in the eyes of others to my mother.
(My whole dream revolves around this guy lol)

She said that the man of the river was in fact, me.
She said that the guy in the beginning i was seeing through was not me but an armed soldier and the man of the river talking to Snake was me.
She then said that it was just a flashback and that i was the writer of the man of the river book that everybody was reading at school.
That's deep man but that's her thoughts.

novenary

I don't even... *.* What kind of drugs do you take? :trollface:

gameblabla

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 27, 2016, 06:38:29 PM
I don't even... *.* What kind of drugs do you take? :trollface:
ikr
I don't take drugs... but i did drink about 5cl of beer before i slept lol.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, by cl do you mean centiliters? Because 50 ml of beer is not a lot :P (unless it was one of those expensive but super strong beers that rivals Tequila, in which case 50 ml is a lot). But yeah the dream as a story isn't really weird and as a dream it isn't that much compared to some other dreams I heard about. :P However, when dreaming, if it involves fantasy elements then I think it pretty much gives away the fact that you're probably dreaming or might make you think you're dreaming that you're watching a movie.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p4nix

I never have such strange dreams. Well, this night I dreamed that I was in Canada somehow and needed to visit a headshop (I dont take drugs, lol) for some reasons I dont know. So, I decided to wake up to ask @DJ Omnimaga to find one only to realize im still in Germany. But tanks, man of the river and such things stay unknown for me in my dream world :E
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, nicotine patch dreams can get particularly wacky O.O. This is why people trying to stop smoking tobbacco are recommended to remove their nicotine patches before sleep time, especially if they're using the two highest dosages.

p4nix

[spoiler=Not safe for kids]I have heard that amanita muscaria dreams are supposed to be vivid, but it's still a deliriant. Dont try that tho![/spoiler]

p2

I still try to imagine a 20-30 yo man singing
Quote from: gameblabla on December 26, 2016, 04:49:20 PM... in your typical anime girl voice.

that's one of the best dreams I read about in ages, thx for sharing ;D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

gameblabla

Quote from: p2 on December 29, 2016, 05:13:08 PM
I still try to imagine a 20-30 yo man singing
Quote from: gameblabla on December 26, 2016, 04:49:20 PM... in your typical anime girl voice.
He was singing it as if he was an actual girl, really strange even though i could sometimes hear his man's voice
and this makes me want to facepalm so much.

Quote from: p4nix on December 28, 2016, 08:53:41 PM
[spoiler=Not safe for kids]I have heard that amanita muscaria dreams are supposed to be vivid, but it's still a deliriant. Dont try that tho![/spoiler]
you know your drugs dude

Dream of Omnimaga

I know right? :trollface:

That said, if nicotine is so strong that it makes your dreams even more wacky than gameblabla's, then it's one hell of a drug too, yet it's legal. O.O

Anyway, to avoid the drug discussion, I wonder if we should use this topic for all dreams and should it also include lucid dreams?

p4nix

The discussion whether should dreams become safehaven or not led to gameblabla's conclusion I don't have balls :)
Anyway, I have written a dream journal of one of my more recent dreams in english to be prepared if we actually open such a dream thread here...

gameblabla

Well guys, guess what ? I had yet another weird dream !
I don't remember a lot of it tho... but i thought i might tell you what little i remember of it :
[spoiler="this one is pretty strange lol"]We were in a large, empty room and i, one of my brother and some other people were sitting down on chairs.
Just behind me, there was bay windows and i could see outside.
In front of me, a teacher was speaking to us but i couldn't remember the details.
On my left, there was two black teenagers and some other people and on my right, my brother and one dude.

Anyway, my brother was trying out all of the ringing bells on his phone but man were they loud.
The phone was not a touchscreen phone but something like an old Nokia except it was all black and they keypad was retrolight.
(I won't leak my brother's name so we'll just call him John)

"John, please lower down the volume", i told him.
He said ok but that didn't stop him a bit and he continued to make his phone ring as loud as possible.
The teacher seemed to be disturbed by the phone but he continued to talk anyway.
It was really loud and seeing he would not obey me, i became angry and told him :
"JOHN DAMNIT, LOWER THE VOLUME DOWN !".
He told me he would not listen to me.
I exploded : i took his phone and i threw it to the ground.
"I told you to lower the volume !", i said, angry.

He was stunned, he couldn't believe i would break his phone over that.
"What the hell ? How could you...", he said.
The teacher looked at me, quite stunned, and said : "What the hell is going on ? What is happening to you ?"

I became kind of embarrassed, and i left the room through a door.
Then right after i escaped the room, i became an anime school girl.

The school girl looked like Yandere Chan in her dark blue suit actually...
except i had long hairs and black trousers instead. (Why ? lol)

As i ran away from them, i was inside of a spacious restaurant/brewery.
Lots of people were eating and drinking beer and the restaurant was lit orange.
Not far off the checkout, there was 2 guards, one male (white, black hairs) and one female (white, blond hairs), guarding the entry to hotel rooms.
A woman tried to go through them but the female guard asked her for a room number.
He told them her room number : "DX4 11", she said.
"You can pass", told the female guard to the woman.

Then it was my turn and they also asked me for a room number.
"DX3 4", i told them.
They made the "OK" sign and they let me pass.
My room was upstairs so i had to take the stairs.
As i reached the corridor where my room was, i see 3 man... they don't look like typical men...
They rather look like monsters but not exactly like monster... And they were pretty slim too.
Slim Humanoid monsters ? i don't know.
One of them was green though and it had two large spikes as hands.
And one of them (the one in the middle) was blue.
And the other one more look like a man not quite. (couldn't remember the details sorry)

Anyway, the one in the middle saw me and said "ITS HER, GET HER !".
They run toward me and i prepare to fight.
I hit the green guy in the stomach and throw him on the blue guy.
One guy was left and i hit him hard with my fist on his chest.

Then my dream was over and i woke up.[/spoiler]

I think we should do a dream thread or something.
Feel free to turn this thread into a dream topic if you want to though.