Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cards Against Humanity (online Quebec French version)

Started by Yuki, October 23, 2015, 06:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

A little project I'm working on for a group of friends who developed their own version of Cards Against Humanity for themselves, I translated the interface of this website in French and put a few French Canadian decks in there because I guess it's funnier when the cards are about your own culture, right?

http://cartescontrelhumanité.cf/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like the idea. I'Ll have to check the website. Are there any cards meant as satire in it? That can get quite fun when self-derision is involved. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

The Québec Bronies pack just pokes fun at themselves and everything that happened in that group, so it's just really, really fun. Especially when you're in that group. (Otherwise, I don't think you could get all the jokes...) The other one I have now on that site is the translation of the official CaH game, so it's more aimed for a general public.

The first goal was to host that pack to be played online (they printed it to be played at meetups, but it kind of sucked you couldn't play it online until now as meetups are not that frequent and the group is mostly online on Facebook), another one is to allow for more of them.

So yeah, every single card down to the very concept of the game is satire.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Does it have references about our governments, way of life, recent events and stuff? And yeah if I played CaH about ponies I doubt I would understand anything.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 28, 2015, 05:40:37 PM
Does it have references about our governments, way of life, recent events and stuff? And yeah if I played CaH about ponies I doubt I would understand anything.
Not knowing how to read French is a slight problem for me lol
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Yuki

You can check out the cards here.

Quote from: Araidia on October 28, 2015, 06:41:37 PM
Not knowing how to read French is a slight problem for me lol
In your case, you'd probably want the American version, Pretend you're Xyzzy or Cards Against Equestria (the latter I forked to make my French version).
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way juju, how much disk space does the database for this take on CW? Because I checked earlier to make a backup and there was over a million table entries for CaH, some of which were particularly NSFW *.*

Yuki

Oh it's just some test I did with another version a while ago I guess I can discard it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Ideally it would be better to keep CW server for CW activities to avoid overloading it, since we are trying to keep hosting costs to a minimum.