Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Issue with programs in TI84 calculator

Started by DeLoxter, February 05, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeLoxter

So I've just been writing up a program that will do compound interest for me, and show me the value after each step. My issue is that after the program finishes when I try to scroll up to the first values they all vanish and simply display a 'Done' option. Is there any way to avoid this?

Dream of Omnimaga

Hi DeLoxter and welcome to the forums. Do you think you could show us the code of the program so we could help with the problem?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DeLoxter

Okay, it goes something like this

:Prompt P,R,C,Y
:C*Y=A
:1=X
:While X=/=A
:(P*(1=(R/100)/C)^X)=B
:X+1=X
:Disp B
:End

It's pretty messy but it does what it needs to do

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I see what you mean now. The complicated way to do it would be storing all values in a list then showing the list once the program ends. But the easy way would be to change Disp B to Pause B, so you can have enough time to see and write down the values, but then you can't scroll back up. With Pause you must press Enter to continue displaying more values.

I hope this helps.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Or put the values from the loop into a list and then access it after the program is complete ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX