Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TI-Planet's "Project Builder" with online CE C Compiler

Started by Adriweb, March 19, 2016, 05:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I edited my post above btw (I tried GalagACE). The key lag sometimes also involves keys not responding at all during the game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

Yeah I'm not sure how you're trying but for instance, due to how the key-down/up events are lazily handled right now, I can't it make it work by tapping on my laptop's trackpad (because of the two events being too close, I guess), I have to actually click.
I suppose keys can get stuck, that way, thus making the user think something's frozen or something (and possibly also adding to the slowness in certain cases)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually didn't know if keyboard controls were implemented or not, because I tried and they didn't work. I wonder if implementing those would be possible, though? By the way I use Opera 36 (for some reasons I just realized my auto-update stopped working long ago because they're at version 38 now).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

I can't wait for the emulator to become a part of PB publicly! I know I've been too lazy to try to set up the CE toolchain, and having everything in one spot that doesn't even need to be installed will be awesome. Who knows, it might even convince me to try making something in C for the CE.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Adriweb

It's there already :)

Today's updates so far:
- Auto-save/load user config regarding the layout (dark/light theme, sidebars visibility)
- Multiple file transfers working
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios

Ivoah

Quote from: Adriweb on June 28, 2016, 04:18:51 PM
It's there already :)

Today's updates so far:
- Auto-save/load user config regarding the layout (dark/light theme, sidebars visibility)
- Multiple file transfers working
I guess looking stupid is what I get for not checking things before posting :) Nice job getting it public so fast. I just saw that you started working on it a few days ago, with your screenshot in #cemu-dev
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Adriweb

UI is hard, that's what I spent most of the time on the past few days :(

Ivoah

Quote from: Adriweb on June 28, 2016, 04:21:14 PM
UI is hard, that's what I spent most of the time on the past few days :(
Everything looks great! I especially like how it types out the program name for you

Adriweb

yep, like in CEmu's autotester and program launching feature on right-click (in the var list)

Adriweb

You now have a screenshot button on top of the screen when you mouse over it:

I've also fixed some file sending stuff (well, it worked already, but everything is now "disabled" until it finishes, kind of)

Adriweb

Update today
- Some cleanup
- Support of file renaming (finally) :

Dream of Omnimaga

Good addition. In TokenIDE I kinda get annoyed about how the only way to rename a program is to copy the code in a new one like on the real calc <_<

Adriweb

Update:
- UI / CSS improvements
- Chopped off a few pixels here and there, so more things are visible now, on small laptops, for instance.
- Creating (and deleting) a file doesn't change the page anymore (thus killing the emu) ; the new content is loaded in dynamically
- Automatic local Saving/Loading of the emu ROM (and to avoid starting the emulator for nothing, it will pause itself right after loading the saved ROM)

Dream of Omnimaga

Adriweb

Some of the updates to TI-Planet's Project Builder of the past few days:
  • Toolchain updated to the latest upstream version
  • Editor: Ctrl/Cmd-D is now dupLine, Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-D is removeLine
  • CodeMirror, jQuery, Bootstrap: updated from upstream
  • Automatically refresh inline ASM after a rebuild (if shown)
  • Fix bad form name to get 8xp as array buffer
  • Project's source file .zip export feature
  • Allow deletion of files when project is R/W-shared
  • Can now follow/spectate other users currently editing the doc (right click on avatar)
  • Temporarily disable the file switch ajax quick-load due to some weird bug I'll have to fix
  • Improved syntax highlighting with new CE-specific keywords
  • Some backend project management fixes and improvements
  • The chat can now be disabled on a shared project (although, no GUI for that yet, DB flag only)
  • Misc. CSS improvements (dark theme color fixes, better fonts on Linux, etc.)
  • Dec<->Hex number conversion on Ctrl/Cmd-click (works both ways now)
  • Expression definition popup is hidden if nothing better than the current line is found
In no specific order, thanks to Runer112, Mateo, Jacobly, and others for testing and feedback.

Here's a screenshot showing the latest state of things, running a FileIO demo that returns a list of a number's prime factors (Ans->prgm->Ans) :)