Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[ti-84+ce]Age of CEmpires I

Started by PT_, January 03, 2017, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PT_

Say hello to my newest game! :D

Currently not much done, but that comes with the time :)

It is written in C, as that goes the fastest, looking at the fact this will be a really large program..
I already have an idea about an AI, and hopefully when this program sees the finish line, that USB is somewhat documented, that I can add multiplayer.

To-Do list:
[list=1]
  • Make images of all the buildings/soldiers/villagers, and make them fit into my tiles (catch them from AoE II)
    • Buildings 1/25
    • Soldiers/villagers 0*8/40*8
    [/color]
  • Gameplay GUI
    • Minimap
    • Amount of max villagers/villagers
    • Tiles
    • Chat
    • Extra options
    [/color]
  • Be able to create soldiers/villagers at the town center/barracks etc
    • Check if enough resources, stand-by place
    [/color]
  • Move people to certain places
    • Requires shortest path finding algorithm
    [/color]
  • Gathering resources
    • Disappear resource if empty
    • (Animated villagers)
    [/color]
  • Building/Fighting
    • Check if enough resources/health
    [/color]
  • AI
    • Write a website/.exe file to make an AI yourself
    [/color]
  • Multiplayer
    • Only if USB is somewhat documented
[/color]

Btw:
:P

p2

if you ever get it working as good as the original AoE2, I swear I'll buy a CE jsut to play that game O.O
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

this is a massive project XD

looks good :)
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

PT_

Quote from: p2 on January 03, 2017, 10:03:15 PM
if you ever get it working as good as the original AoE2, I swear I'll buy a CE jsut to play that game O.O
Well, I definitely can't get it as good as the original one, just because of the hardware differences/screen size, but I would surely give it a try :w00t:

tr1p1ea

Looks awesome! Runs pretty good so far - hopefully it can remain as such with more stuff on screen.

The isometric look is great :).

kotu

PT_ how are you going to deal with selecting multiple units at once and that sort of thing
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

PT_

Quote from: kotu on January 03, 2017, 10:32:24 PM
PT_ how are you going to deal with selecting multiple units at once and that sort of thing
If you double click on a unit (don't know how), it catches all the units in a circle with radius X, and selects them all. One hard part would be moving all to the same point.

kotu

Quote from: PT_ on January 03, 2017, 10:33:55 PM
If you double click on a unit (don't know how), it catches all the units in a circle with radius X, and selects them all.
you could also use select all on screen, or select all units of same type

Quote from: PT_ on January 03, 2017, 10:33:55 PM
One hard part would be moving all to the same point.
that is where the pathfinding becomes very tricky . i'm not going to help  8)

p2

ingame (AoE2) doubleclick is selecting all of same type while you use to drag a box around units to select multible at a location
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

xMarminq_

• Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

PT_

I got some buildings ready:

- Barracks
- Farm
- House
- Lumbercamp
- Mill (yes, mill!)
- Miningcamp
- Towncenter

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah those graphics and isometric tilemapper... nice job so far. Good luck getting this project done. :)

Only one issue tho: there is some white stuff around the towncenter
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p4nix

Looks very nice, although I don't own that calculator I'm looking forward to this ;)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 04, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
My guess is that the conversion from non-transparent white background to transparent had some issues, but this is probably quickly solved ;)
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

PT_

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 04, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
Woah those graphics and isometric tilemapper... nice job so far. Good luck getting this project done. :)

Yes that was the image I downloaded from the internet. I've already removed all that separate pixels *.*
Btw, the compressed sprites are all together 42kB, and without compression 120kB :P

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, will there be a mini-map?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U