You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

How to join our Discord server or IRC channels

b/Website Talk Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 05, 2014, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/Duke "Tape" Eiyeron June 10, 2015, 05:38:05 PM
Well, so, drop it? Efnet seems fine at the moment and I'm not using Omninet neither, so...
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 10, 2015, 05:43:59 PM
By the way, the only issue I can see about EFnet is that sometimes, some servers are annoying and will not let you connect or will ban you for no reason, but there are 40+ EFnet servers available and there are always many that will let you connect. The other downside is the 9 characters nickname lenght. But Omnimaga channel stayed EFnet-only for almost 3 years before finally being relayed to an Omninet one and it wasn't that much of an issue. The only reason why I moved it from EFnet entirely in 2006-Early 2009 is because we lacked a botnet and knew nobody trustable enough to lend us one.
u/Yuki June 10, 2015, 10:39:29 PM
Well yeah, Omninet has a Chanserv and half-ops and stuff, but who needs that when you have a good botnet?
u/Dream of Omnimaga June 22, 2015, 06:38:05 AM
So yeah, I updated the first post. While the Omninet channel is still available for the time being, the post now only mentions EFnet and WalrusIRC.
u/Dream of Omnimaga January 08, 2016, 09:16:59 AM
Bump:

I updated the main post to include our secondary channels, since this topic is in the site navigation. This means #cw-anime, #cw-craft and #cw-spam. Of course anime talk is still allowed in #codewalrus, but we got a lot of anime fans so #cw-anime can get handy to avoid cluttering the main chat during busy times, plus it has the extra benefit of being on EFnet. #cw-craft is basically the Minecraft server chat and #cw-spam is a bot testing channel.
u/GalacticPirate January 19, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
@Juju & DJ Omnimaga, were you really following the rules this morning at 9 ? :trollface:
u/CVSoft May 06, 2016, 04:35:42 AM
Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 06, 2016, 04:39:36 AM
Actually that would probably go in the CodeWalrus tools sub-forum (which is where WalrusIRC progress/downtime reports are posted), but let's poke @Juju about it

I gained the habit of always adding spaces after links a decade ago personally, though, because many IRC clients and shoutboxes, as well as forum softwares, thought that periods and stuff were parts of website links :P
u/aetios May 07, 2016, 08:14:20 AM
Quote from: CVSoft on May 06, 2016, 04:35:42 AM
Quote from: WalrusIRC*   notipa has quit IRC (Quit: BosaikNet http://www.bosaik.net)

WIRC thinks the parenthesis is part of the link, making the link unusable.
Like DJ said, I'd work around this by adding a space. Many applications have space-terminated URL rules.
u/Snektron May 07, 2016, 09:05:18 AM
You can also use that satanic regex someone on stackoverflow made. but i think urls only allow [a-zA-Z\-] anyway.
u/aetios May 07, 2016, 09:06:24 AM
Nah, they can have special characters. For example wikipedia urls often have ( ) in them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)
u/Snektron May 07, 2016, 09:08:22 AM
Oh good point. Then its the fault of their IRC client :P
u/Dream of Omnimaga May 07, 2016, 04:12:01 PM
Now that you mention special characters, I guess it could be hard for juju to fix the issue first mentioned above, since this could cause URLs that have parentheses in them to not be completely parsed. I noticed this happened in some clients before. >.<
u/Yuki May 07, 2016, 04:21:46 PM
Yeah, the thing with automatic URL parsing, some special characters like () are legal in URLs so the client doesn't really know where to end.
u/Ti64CLi++ July 01, 2016, 01:20:24 PM
If I want post a message in the chat, I must have posted five posts? That is true?
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators