Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

539 signs that you're addicted to CodeWalrus (or calculators)

Started by DarkestEx, September 27, 2015, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I am surprised we don't have this topic yet [edit: it looks like we had one, but it was named differently and not related to calcs, so I decided to merge both] considering the days where 100% of CW members were Omnimaga exiles are over, but here is it now. Ideally you should try to keep up with past signs to avoid repeating too much, though. That might make it easier one day to compile all signs in one text. Anyway the rule is to not double-post unless it has been 24 hours and avoid spammy signs such as "1: lol" or saying "I like repeating a lot" over and over. Here I go:

26) You have been into calculators since before the birth of some current members
27) You made over 100 derivatives from :walrii: sprites.
28) Your calculator is one of (if not your) most used gaming console.
29) Your calculator is your main computer.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

30) You try to make your external calculator keyboard your main keyboard
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

31. You founded CodeWalrus
32. You post a lot (eh DJ?)
33. The Calculators owned field is full (EH DJ?)
34. :walrii: is now your catchphrase on IRC (EH DJ???)
35. You're friends with DJ Omnimaga
36. You're DJ Omnimaga
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

What did I do? O.O

also 11 is scary <_<

Also I wonder how I could forget the following:

37. You own more than one graphing calculator (in my case 29)
38. You own multiple copies of the same graphing calculator model (*cough* @CVSoft 's TI-80 collection *cough*)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

39. you use your calc to browse the internet. (Gossamer)
40. Even your English accepts the fact you need your calc in class.
41. Your reputation for programming far surpasses what you can actually do.
42. You become enraged at Walrifier for not working over data.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

SiphonicSugar

43. You've tried to make some sort of calculator RPG and failed. (Anyone? Don't hide!)
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

About Gossamer and Calcnet chat, it's funny how it's easier to chat on CodeWalrus for free on a TI calculator than it is on an iPad O.O

Also @E37 isn't there a Walrifier setting that allows using data? If not then that's probably something @Cumred_Snektron might want to implement.

44: You have tried to make multiple calculator RPGs and succeeded

(Note that 44 applied several times to me too, despite finishing many)

Yuki

45. You managed to release a calc RPG a month
(still not sure how it was possible o.o)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

That's called good (or poor? :P) time management. :P

But one thing that sped up development was the fact most graphics used ASCII art. The other thing is that I often re-used code from previous Illusiat/ROL games in the next ones (Illusiat 7 uses the same engine as Illusiat 6). I also had a lot of free time due to school not being very demanding at the time.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 02, 2016, 10:50:13 PM
That's called good (or poor? :P) time management. :P

But one thing that sped up development was the fact most graphics used ASCII art. The other thing is that I often re-used code from previous Illusiat/ROL games in the next ones (Illusiat 7 uses the same engine as Illusiat 6). I also had a lot of free time due to school not being very demanding at the time.

Yo, what happened to the reasons?

46. You know C and have never made a came for a PC/Mac, only for a Calculator
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

E37

47. When asked what languages you know, you list all the calc related languages first.
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

Yuki

48. You have a fascination for walruses.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

@Unicorn there is no rule in this topic stating that every single post should have a reason. It's recommended to have reasons, though. :P

49. When asked what language do you speak, you answer TI-BASIC, ASM, Axe or some other similar language instead of English/Dutch/etc.

JUju did the opposite at a Job interview. O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

So a little bump:

50. You just realizes there was actually another topic similar to this on CW then merge them. This would normally not be a sign that I am addicted to CW, but the fact I went as far as doing the effort of editing all previous posts to increment the numbers by 15 makes it one.

51. You are saving money for a trip to Quebec City just to see the five walruses located at the Quebec Aquarium, hoping you'll get to see a show with the three adult :walrii: doing tricks

52. You already went to see the walruses at Quebec Aquarium, but were disappointed that they couldn't fly like :walrii:

Yuki

Eh, told ya there was another topic about that.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 04, 2016, 02:37:54 AM
49. When asked what language do you speak, you answer TI-BASIC, ASM, Axe or some other similar language instead of English/Dutch/etc.

JUju did the opposite at a Job interview. O.O
I can't believe I actually did that. They asked me in what programming language this project was written in and I said English.

53. You acknowledge the fact DJ is cranked enough to increment every number in the thread by 15.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN