Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What series do you watch?

Started by Snektron, January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

Add me to the "don't watch TV anymore" croud, but I am an avid DVD collector.  Some of the series i have so far are the following...

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Seasons 1 - 8 (a.k.a. Unit Patrol Squad))
  • Bones (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • CSI Miami (Seasons 1 - 5)
  • DragonballZ (Seasons 1 - 7)
  • Ed, Edd, & Eddy (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • Law & Order (Seasons 1 - 5)
  • Law & Order SVU (Seasons 1 - 9)
  • Rocko's Modern Life (Complete Season)
  • Ren & Stimpy (Complete Season & Adult Party Cartoon Show)
  • The Simpsons (Seasons 1 & 2)
  • Trippin The Rift (Seasons 1 & 2 + Movie)
My list also includes some stand-up comics (Brian Regan, Carlos Mencia, Lewis Black, Frank Caliendo) a few anime movies (Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Battle Arena Toshinden), and all of Homestar Runner's DVDS (Except "Everything Else 3"... which is no longer available on their website store).  Obviously when I have the extra cash I add onto my existing collection (like Archer for example)

Also inb4 "y no NetFlix?" because 1. I don't have an account (nor will I have a need to make one) and 2. I rather have physical copies when it comes to tv shows/movies

Yuki

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 30, 2015, 09:29:23 AM
@Juju don't forget to watch rick and morty, it's awesome :D
I watched it, it's awesome~

I'm not really fond of DVDs and physical copies, and I hardly watch TV anymore either (last time I turned the TV on it was a NHL expansion special on the sports channel, you know, the kind of thing you tweet what's happening at the same time for your followers, and even then it was on my grandma's TV provider's website you can watch the channels on internet, it's pretty nice). All I have is DTV with antenna, Netflix, that one website I watch my anime and cartoons on, oh and YouTube which is an infinite source of interesting content on anything.

So what's I'm currently watching right now, Bananya (cute anime with kittens inside bananas, but it's like 3 minutes/episode), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I'm waiting for more of Rick and Morty. I should pick up another show, I don't watch a lot of them right now. Or I should start writing my own, would be nice.

I'd love to get my hands on Homestar Runner DVDs, love that show, and I listened to some Brian Regan the other day (I love stand-up comics, but I don't really check the English-speaking ones), that was pretty funny. (There's a ponified version of course, but it's so great~)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Do movie series count? Because aside from The Mysterious Cities of gold whenever a new season comes out, I don't watch anything else.

Right now I'm looking into watching Back to the Future cartoon series, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

@aeTIos: if you liked Sword Art Online you should also watch "No Game No Life"  :)
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Talking about Sword Art Online, there's a Playstation 4 and PSVita game of it. It's still expensive, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

Quote from: p2 on August 12, 2016, 10:24:05 AM
@aeTIos: if you liked Sword Art Online you should also watch "No Game No Life"  :)
I know NGNL, I watched a few episodes but never continued. I rewatched K-On recently, though.
ceci n'est pas une signature

p2

The story of NGNL is as great as the one of SAO but sadly NGNL stoped after a couple of episodes, still waiting for them to release more episodes... :( (same with AttackOnTitan...)
But I'd say these few episodes were definitelsyy worth watching ^^

Just read a summary... Is K-On seriously about a girl struggeling to find her place in a girls band since she cant play any instruments...? Sounds a little bit lame to me...

Got to watch Bananya :D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

aetios

It's not a drama, Yui is not 'struggling' to find her place in the music club. That plot is more like Clannad's :P K-On is really light hearted and humorous and cheesy, very easy to digest. 10/10 recommend.
ceci n'est pas une signature

p2

Started watching DragonBall (the old original one) ^^

Also I recently stumbled upon an anime callen Ajin which I can recommend. I only watched the first few episodes yet but it's got a really interesting story:
Some people around the globe are suddenly immortals without anyone knowing why (you cant find out until you die (like in an accident) and suddenly you revive again). So the govs hunt these people to get behind their secrets. ^^
A bit bloody but nice action ^^ 9/10  :thumbsup:

Btw do you guys know when the next rick&morty series will be released? ^^

Yuki

Quote from: p2 on September 27, 2016, 09:04:34 AM
Also I recently stumbled upon an anime callen Ajin which I can recommend. I only watched the first few episodes yet but it's got a really interesting story:
Some people around the globe are suddenly immortals without anyone knowing why (you cant find out until you die (like in an accident) and suddenly you revive again). So the govs hunt these people to get behind their secrets. ^^
Yeah, saw it, it's pretty interesting.

No. Can't wait, though.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Started watching DragonBall (the old original one) ^^

I watched DBZ a lot as kid, but I never saw the original Dragon Ball anime. Both French openings were horrible.

Tander

p2

@Juju do you think ajin was an animated movie they made look like an anime? The graphics and especially the shadows are really strange...

Yuki

Japanese animators and mangakas often goes to great lengths to add as much realism as possible, so much the drawn backgrounds look indistinguishable from real life, for example. Or from CG graphics.

Ajin does look weird, though, but I guess it's their stylistic choice.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

p2

are you sure? especialyl in teh first 3 episodes the shadows (especially clothings and hair) looks like an animated 3d stuff... >.>
no anime will ever beat the beautiful forest scenes from Princess Mononoke
STUDIO GHIBLI I LOVE YOU!!  :love:
Also I can only recommend My neighbor totoro ^^