Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Jarvis Artificial Intelligence

Started by alexgt, March 17, 2015, 09:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

Yeah letts hope people don't let their calcs running over-night not knowing that there calc is on :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

No there is actual code to turn the LCD off, not just set the brightness to off.
You can find the hex codes on http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/hexcodes#toc35
(in your axe source just replace AsmPrgm<hex> with Asm(<hex>))
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Thank you Cumred. I forgot that that one was listed there. I was about to go digging for xeda's extended list (its pretty old but full of lots of goodies).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Yeah xeda's codes are awesome, though not so hard to assemble yourself via ClrHome.org/asm :P

CKH4

I don't know any asm. But that is really cool thanks for sharing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

Thanks this is awesome. The calculator off code continues execution of the program after turned on right?

Snektron

Yeah, you could just implement something like

LCDoff()
Repeat getKey(9)
End
LCDon()

For a basic sleep :)

alexgt

is there an actual command
LCDon
LCDoff

in Axe?

EDIT: if so is it different from the ASM inline stuff

Snektron

Well, no, i just used it to make typing easier. Though itd a simple enough axiom :P

alexgt

Ohh ok I was getting exited though. I can still just use the Asm because I am not going to use it allot. Thanks :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on March 24, 2015, 08:20:04 PM
Changed it to ALPHA!
Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 24, 2015, 08:14:39 PM
Why not adding the Shift/Alpha indicator in the status bar?
I did Right here: on the top right!

Quote from: CKH4 on March 24, 2015, 08:15:07 PM
Probably inline asm, but the other option is to set the contrast to zero (I'd discourage that though, battery might be an issue).
Where could I find Asm stuff to turn it off within a program then when you turn it on it goes to the program again?
I like it. By the way do you use a Doors CS mouse routine or is it your own?

Quote from: alexgt on March 24, 2015, 08:27:05 PM
Yeah letts hope people don't let their calcs running over-night not knowing that there calc is on :P
I accidentally started games when putting my 83+ slidecase on in the past >.<. I once came back from work only to be greeted by a RAM Cleared message on my calc then a low battery message a few minutes later. Since the batteries were new this means I had launched my game without knowing like usual. Protip: Before putting your 83+ slidecase on, always type something like 222 on your home screen then press enter. That way if you inaverdently push the enter key while inserting the slidecase in, it won't put the calc in busy mode.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I had an idea. If you make something to add modules by other developers this could be really REALLY awesome O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you mean to change the bot AI behavior? Maybe someone could port Nikkybot into a module. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Yeah for example, but also parse other things like math (though thats already integrated)

alexgt

Yeah that would be cool, I haven;t implemented the calculator feature yet but it will be in there soon!
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 25, 2015, 03:28:38 AM
I like it. By the way do you use a Doors CS mouse routine or is it your own?
No I do not, can you help though - I just have it changing the pixels around the mouse sprite like:
If getKey(1)
Pt-Change(X,Y,Pic1)
Y+1->Y
Pt-Change(X,Y,Pic1)
End

So if you hover over an icon it looks all garbled up because it is just changing pixels but in Doors you can see the mouse clearly every where, how wold you do that in Axe?

I am also wondering why I can't do this:
"hello alexgt"->Str1
"hello everyone"->Str1

but I can do this
"hello alexgt"->A
"hello everyone"->A

I am wondering because I don't want to take up A-Z when I might be able to use Strings?

And how could I either put individual letters into a string like this:
"h"->Str1
"i"->Str1+1

If that is not possible because I cannot get it to work how could you read all the program names from memory and put them into strings/pointers?
Thanks for all the help :)