Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

With a few bytes (almost 1800 of them) of JavaScript, I managed to create a cool ASCII art :3=

Here's the code:
var f=0,a=["@L@L@L@L@L@L@L@LUQsL@K-B@L@L@L@L@LEgsL@ALAssAAs-sL@L@L@LC1ELCwoEKQsLDigELCgB@L@L@LCxILCwAsL-LAAs@sAAsL@L@LCwtRCwoJWgMhHgAABCkLDigAAQsL@L@S@AACFNTQAWIQAs@AFgAL@L@LUQsKAAMlTUYHTUkeAQ4oBkEyAQsL@LEgsANyEATU0ATU0hACwAIRZCAAsL@LC1EKAyEgFAACF-CVoDISAWGTIB@LCxIAABYAFiEhIRY-AhIRYWFjcA@LCwtQAQo-MgFAMhISEhIBYWFhYZMgEL@SACxjAAs-AhFhYWFhYWFhYWNwAL@LUAQsKAQpE1oDIBYWFhYWFhYWGTIB@LEgAsLAAsCywAIRYWFhYWFhYWFiEA@LC1AEMVoEKQ4oAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIACwAAYwtjACEhACEAISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgkKAyEeAhYXHgMhIBYWGjwB@SAEI-BCACEAQkIWISEhISEhIQA3AAsLUAY8BTIGPAAFOD4WFyEeAyEhIBkyAAELEgAANyEAQgAAQhYWISEAFhYhACFCAAsLC1AABTUeAAIZNBYXIBQAAhYUAAMgGTIBCxIAFiEACwAANyEh-ACw--ISEWAAtQ-B@K-AAQsL@L@LCg-Qs=","@L@-AL@L@L@L@L@LUQsLCwoELCwoAQoAAQsL@L@L@LEgsLCwAsLAsLLAAsLAAL@L@L@LC1ELCgQsKAABCgELCw4oAQsL@L@LCxILCwALACEh-ALAsLL-@L@LCwtRCwoAAyVNRgIXHgQpDigFMgEL@L@S@AACFNTQBNTSEALCwANzcA@L@LUQoFNR4HTUYHTUkeCVoDIBo8AQsL@LEgsAISEW-WAE0AYwAhIRYWNwAL@LC1-hQCFyEhIBQ-MhIBYWGTIB@LCxIAQg-CEWACEhISEhFhYWFjcA@LCwtQBCkKBjw-MgFhYWFhYWFhYZMgEL@SA@ACwLCwAhFhYWFhYWFhYWNwAL@LUAQsKAQpDigDIBYWFhYWFhYWFx4B@LEgAsYwAsCywAIRYWFhYWFhYWFiEA@LC1ABCgAJWxNaAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIAQg-AsAISEhACEhISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgY8AyEeAyAWFAMhIBYWGjwAAQsSAEI-BCACEhISEWQjcAISEhIRY3-LUQoAAhQGPAMhISEgFhpBMgMhHgMjMgELEgsAADchABYWFgAhIRYWQgAhIQAhFjcAC1EKBTQXIBQ-IUAhcgFhkyAhYUAyEgFAgLABYh-L@-AAISE3-ACw-AtRCg-QsL@L@LCg-AEL@L@="],w=f=>(atob(a[f].replace(/-/g,'AAA').replace(/@/g,'Cws')).split('').map(x=>x.charCodeAt(0).toString(10).padStart(2,0)).join('')+'1').split(.map(x=>"<tt>"+x.split('').map(x=>"M +o'/:y\n.".charAt(x)).join('').replace(/ /g,'&nbsp;')+"</tt>").join('[br /]');window.onload=x=>{d=document.body,e="innerHTML";setInterval(x=>{d[e]='';d[e]=w(f=+(f==0))},300)}
(The big strings at the beginning are like 90% of the program, they hold all of the sprite data.)

You can also see a live version of the code here. (My webpage has a style tag getting rid of the margin of the elements I am injecting.

:walrii: (there was an optimization I made that threw the "code walrus" out of sync with the "CodeWalrus")

Who else thinks this belongs on the CW 404 page? I made an embeddable version (literally changed 2 things). You can embed it in your site, and it even comes with a link to CW, so you are helping CW and getting a cool animated :walrii:, all for just one line of code (technically). What a deal!

<div id="w"></div><script>var f=0,a=["@L@L@L@L@L@L@L@LUQsL@K-B@L@L@L@L@LEgsL@ALAssAAs-sL@L@L@LC1ELCwoEKQsLDigELCgB@L@L@LCxILCwAsL-LAAs@sAAsL@L@LCwtRCwoJWgMhHgAABCkLDigAAQsL@L@S@AACFNTQAWIQAs@AFgAL@L@LUQsKAAMlTUYHTUkeAQ4oBkEyAQsL@LEgsANyEATU0ATU0hACwAIRZCAAsL@LC1EKAyEgFAACF-CVoDISAWGTIB@LCxIAABYAFiEhIRY-AhIRYWFjcA@LCwtQAQo-MgFAMhISEhIBYWFhYZMgEL@SACxjAAs-AhFhYWFhYWFhYWNwAL@LUAQsKAQpE1oDIBYWFhYWFhYWGTIB@LEgAsLAAsCywAIRYWFhYWFhYWFiEA@LC1AEMVoEKQ4oAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIACwAAYwtjACEhACEAISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgkKAyEeAhYXHgMhIBYWGjwB@SAEI-BCACEAQkIWISEhISEhIQA3AAsLUAY8BTIGPAAFOD4WFyEeAyEhIBkyAAELEgAANyEAQgAAQhYWISEAFhYhACFCAAsLC1AABTUeAAIZNBYXIBQAAhYUAAMgGTIBCxIAFiEACwAANyEh-ACw--ISEWAAtQ-B@K-AAQsL@L@LCg-Qs=","@L@-AL@L@L@L@L@LUQsLCwoELCwoAQoAAQsL@L@L@LEgsLCwAsLAsLLAAsLAAL@L@L@LC1ELCgQsKAABCgELCw4oAQsL@L@LCxILCwALACEh-ALAsLL-@L@LCwtRCwoAAyVNRgIXHgQpDigFMgEL@L@S@AACFNTQBNTSEALCwANzcA@L@LUQoFNR4HTUYHTUkeCVoDIBo8AQsL@LEgsAISEW-WAE0AYwAhIRYWNwAL@LC1-hQCFyEhIBQ-MhIBYWGTIB@LCxIAQg-CEWACEhISEhFhYWFjcA@LCwtQBCkKBjw-MgFhYWFhYWFhYZMgEL@SA@ACwLCwAhFhYWFhYWFhYWNwAL@LUAQsKAQpDigDIBYWFhYWFhYWFx4B@LEgAsYwAsCywAIRYWFhYWFhYWFiEA@LC1ABCgAJWxNaAyEhISAWFhYWFhceAQsLCxIAQg-AsAISEhACEhISEWFhZCNwALCwtQBjwBCgY8AyEeAyAWFAMhIBYWGjwAAQsSAEI-BCACEhISEWQjcAISEhIRY3-LUQoAAhQGPAMhISEgFhpBMgMhHgMjMgELEgsAADchABYWFgAhIRYWQgAhIQAhFjcAC1EKBTQXIBQ-IUAhcgFhkyAhYUAyEgFAgLABYh-L@-AAISE3-ACw-AtRCg-QsL@L@LCg-AEL@L@="],w=f=>(atob(a[f].replace(/-/g,'AAA').replace(/@/g,'Cws')).split('').map(x=>x.charCodeAt(0).toString(10).padStart(2,0)).join('')+'1').split(8).map(x=>"<tt>"+x.split('').map(x=>"M +o'/:y\n.".charAt(x)).join('').replace(/ /g,'&nbsp;')+"</tt>").join('<br>');window.onload=x=>{d=document.getElementById('w'),e="innerHTML";setInterval(x=>{d[e]=w(f=+(f==0))+"<br><br>Animated ASCII art walrus created by _iPhoenix_ for <a href='https://codewalr.us'>CodeWalrus</a>."},300);}//please don't remove my notice.</script>
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

After over a year, the first post of this thread was finally updated! :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

I remade the Paladins character Moji (and its twin-headed dino pet Po-Li) into walruses ^^

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

I made myself a new version of the _iPhoenix_ walrus, and I did a time lapse of me doing it!

I'll probably switch over soon, but I have a few things I want to change first!

Edit; I'd like to see a time lapse of xlib doing his, because holy c he is good

Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

I probably won't do a timelapse of myself doing walruses, since the Google Chrome one took about 5 minutes to make in real time xd

But I love it ^^

Do you have a small GIF version that I can append to the first post of this thread?

Yuki

I did a thing, for once.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: xlibman on July 04, 2018, 01:27:27 PM
I probably won't do a timelapse of myself doing walruses, since the Google Chrome one took about 5 minutes to make in real time xd

But I love it ^^

Do you have a small GIF version that I can append to the first post of this thread?

Yep!

Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

Thanks, I added it to the first post. Also I cross-posted the walruses on Cemetech for more visibility.

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't know when that happened, but this topic has reached 300000 views now

_iPhoenix_

I was joking with TheLastMillennial about "forcibly grabbing a walrus to harvest its tusks for reuse as piranha teeth" (the fish being used in a game), and I sent him a frame from my avatar to use "as a testificate".

In five minutes, I modified that walrus to this:

Enlarged:

Not bad for 5 minutes :P

Evolution of my avatar:

_iPhoenix_

Happy Halloween, codewalrus!

Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it @_iPhoenix_ :D

Also this had to happen:

Dream of Omnimaga

It's official, thanks to my game, what actually is in Walrii world is Réseau de Transport de la Capitale walrus. xd

M4x1m3

Here is my small contribution to this topic: NumlWorks Walrii

Hope you like it ^^
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo GBA, Nintendo GBA-SP, Nintendo Wii

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it! :D I guess it's now the sister (or brother) of Walrii-ti84 xd