Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AspirinCE (Aspirin Port) TI 84+ CE

Started by Unicorn, October 24, 2016, 07:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

AspirinCE
AspirinCE is a fun reaction game with three difficulty levels and 3 different highscores.

Dowload here

Hello again! So while I take a break from DoodleJump, I kinda got distracted and am now attempting to port Aspirin. So far I've got one of those stabby lines moving, a player, and one of the point balls. Collision is now working, and all I have to do is implement more lines! Any suggestions on how to do that?

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

you suck at this game... seriously... <_<

nah jk ^^
can't wait to see some of the more advanced levels ;D
also you might think about blocks that you cant pass through?
or increasing the target'S size so it's easier to hit? :) seems to be a bit difficult ^^
*actually looks like if that' the most difficult part on the entire level :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Unicorn

Quote from: p2 on October 24, 2016, 08:24:15 PM
you suck at this game... seriously... <_<seems to be a bit difficult ^^
*actually looks like if that' the most difficult part on the entire level :trollface:
Yes, it is super hard, you should try it sometime. I'm tooootallly not demonstrating losing!

Quote from: p2 on October 24, 2016, 08:24:15 PM
can't wait to see some of the more advanced levels ;D
also you might think about blocks that you cant pass through?
or increasing the target'S size so it's easier to hit? :)
Yeah, I'm implementing more lines, and blocks seem like a cool idea, I'll think about that! I could make a level editor or something O.o
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I remember playing Aspirin on my Casio fx-CG10 and it gets very crazy after a while with 20+ lines moving in all directions O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

So after a little break for the end of the semester, I found a problem with coordinates not being randomized correctly. and lines being drawn over themselves, so I fixed that, and now it is much harder before the slowdown occurs. I am also going to make the area where the lines and the player move into a smaller square so I don't have to draw as much, speeding up the program a bit ;)

Here's a screenshot for now. (Notice 6 lines instead of 2 in the beginning)

Old Screenshot:

New Screenshot:

So yeah, gonna add a menu and more levels after that. 6 per point will be the hardest

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

well that looks nice!! :D
Can you make the new lines enter the screen from ooutside instead of just making them appear? Else it might get a little bit unfair if you're rather close to the border ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Unicorn

Quote from: p2 on December 14, 2016, 09:01:13 AM
well that looks nice!! :D
Can you make the new lines enter the screen from ooutside instead of just making them appear? Else it might get a little bit unfair if you're rather close to the border ^^
hmm maybe, I'll have to look into that.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow that first screenshot is crazy O.O

Also nice speed so far
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

have you already worked on lines "entering" the screen when appearing? :)
also.. how comes the lines partially leave teh screen on the bottom but not on any other edge? ^^ :)

Unicorn

Hey hey!
Thanks to MateoC I have worked out all the kinks and am gettin highscores and things working, with a little difficulty tuning, and then should be close to release!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

p2

U should make it so new lines don't appear on your current X or Y position after reaching the target (so u won't die immideately after weiting there for a sec)
besides that it looks really un to play, nice job!  :thumbsup:

Unicorn

Quote from: p2 on May 09, 2017, 07:29:58 AM
U should make it so new lines don't appear on your current X or Y position after reaching the target (so u won't die immideately after weiting there for a sec)
besides that it looks really un to play, nice job!  :thumbsup:

Yup, I'm workin on that. Also, thanks!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

Done!

AspirinCE
AspirinCE is a fun reaction game with three difficulty levels and 3 different highscores.

Dowload here

Also, in regards to this:
QuoteU should make it so new lines don't appear on your current X or Y position after reaching the target (so u won't die immideately after weiting there for a sec)
The lines no longer spawn in the middle of the screen, they spawn on the edge, but they can still spawn at your current X/Y position if you are at an edge. If enough people complain about insta-death I'll add some sort of checking

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow that looks great. Glad to see the game finished. :O

This is something I'll have to try soon. :)

TheMachine02

Nice  :)

Usually this type of game drive me mad pretty easily but be sure I'll give a try !  :P